Friday, November 13, 2009

Long over-due update

So, starting way back in September we went to the cabin for my birthday and had a great weekend with some friends. Here's all the kids! We rented a karaoke machine and sang and danced to our heart's content. Fun times!
We celebrated two birthdays with one delicious cake.
Between the two of us I think we blew out all the candles.
Daddy and Mav reading Mav's favorite book.
We read it almost every night before he goes to bed.
We went for a ride on the 4 wheelers for FHE. We're finally able to get Mav to ride on them again. He loved it!
We had to capture this moment.
This is the first time Slater ate spaghetti and he loved it!
Just another cute Slater face...
A recent bath tub photo... cute boys.
We had our family pictures taken by my cousin's wife Kalli. She did an awesome job!!! We love them! Here is a link to her photog blog: http://www.kallinasmithphotography.blogspot.com/ Check it out.

Chillin' on the grass in front of our condo that we sold. Good times!
We were all packed and ready to move our stuff when we got the dreaded Swine Flu. We were quarantined for a week in our house full of boxes. Bri was the only one who didn't get sick, that's why he had the mask on...he was also the only one who got to take tamiflu. He did have to deal with some unwanted side effects, but they were better than the fever, aches and pains, and the never ending cough. I feel like I deserve a t-shirt that says "I survived the swine flu". It's not as bad as I imagined it would be. (I thought I would die if I got it). But it's definitely the sickest I've been in a long time.... maybe ever. LOUSY! lookin' awesome...
Slater's petrified, snot-infested face that lasted for weeks. Poor kid!
After surviving the swine flu...We moved, then we got to enjoy Halloween. Maverick was a monster and he loved the leaves, and his extra arms. And he REALLY loved trick-or-treating this year. It was a fun day!

We enjoyed a nice day at the zoo. Mav was way into it! it was great weather. Thanks for the day out Tara and kiddos!
We got to see the baby elephant...soooo cute!
And the baby giraffe....super cute too.
Mav at the playground
UPDATE: For now we are living in the basement at Bri's parent's house while we find a new home. Thanks so much mom and dad. Life has been crazy busy, but we have been blessed. And with Thanksgiving just around the corner we really do count our blessings that we have each other and that life is good. God Bless!

5 comments:

Kohler said...

There are lots of great homes available in my neighborhood in West Layton! Come out this way!!

just dandee said...

Love you guys and your cute boys. So many great pictures! Glad you survived the dreaded flu and that life is good.

Melanie said...

Glad to hear you got all moved and everything! I love your new family pics, glad you're also better from swine flu and everything! We'll miss you being close, but we will still get together.

Spencer and Anna said...

Hooray! I've been waiting for an update. I'm glad that things are going better and that you were able to sell your condo. Congrats on conquering the swine flu!

JoDee said...

Ooh you poor guys...glad you made it through the horrid flu, and right in the middle of moving - yuck! Your kiddos are looking as cute as ever and I love the family pics. Happy November!