Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Say What???

Maverick has decided to use a phrase that Bri and I are both a bit concerned about. Especially because he uses it at just the right time in just the right way... The first time he said it he was standing on a table. Brian thought the situation was a bit dangerous for our little 2 year old, and kindly asked Mav to please get down. In reply Mav stated. "Don't worry about it Daddy."

We both looked at each other for a minute. Obviously concerned about how are sweet Maverick could have come up with such a phrase. Then Bri simply asked "what did you say?"

"Don't worry about it Daddy."

Our ears were not playing tricks on us. That is really what he said.

Since this time, we have heard this phrase often enough that we really don't like it too much. I'm pretty sure I had him "sit in a room by himself with the door closed" (in other words "Time-out") for saying this phrase yesterday.

Oh 2 year olds...

Where oh where has our sweet little innocent Mav gone? Come back soon!!!

*****Christmas, and Slater's blessing day pictures to come...****

2 comments:

just dandee said...

To this comment I say..
"Don't worry about it mom and dad."
Kids repeat all sorts of things. You just have to give them another option of what to say in order for them to express themselves.

I give this advice tongue and cheek because I obviously have complete control over my angel boys.

But seriously, "Don't worry about it ..." Sweet Mav will return in a few years... for a bit...

Jenni said...

Hello! Glad to see your new babe arrived safe and healthy. He's adorable. What a beautiful little family you are creating. Hey, random question for ya... The names "Whitney and Jon" just happened to catch my attention on your list of friends.... How do you know the Muirs?? Not sure if you ever made this connection before, but Whitney is the sister of my sister-in-law, Cassidy. (Remember, my brother and his wife that were in the university ward with us?) Also, Jon's sister happens to be in my ward out here in Ohio! Small world....