Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Hello one and all, and Happy Holidays! So I had big plans to send out Christmas cards, as is our yearly tradition, and I LOVE receiving Christmas cards, so I like to return the favor. I had addresses for everyone all together, then Slater came and I decided that it was way too ambitious for me to send out a card. Sorry. So dear friends, and loved ones, you get to read the happenings of our little family from this blessed 2008 year here on our blog instead.



We have grown this year by 2 feet, and I must say they are such cute feet too! We love our boys and are so grateful to be parents. (And we are pretty sure they love us too.) Maverick keeps us laughing. He is such a smart little 2 year old. He knows all his colors, can count to 10 usually, but always for sure makes it to 5. He loves music, and can often be found dancing all around our house. He knows all the shapes. He knows all his letters and can associate them all to something. For example: "J is for jack-in-the-box." He is really into Elmo stuff, having books read to him, looking at "Where's Waldo" books, and the movie "Stickers"- Cars. He can also play with match box cars forever. Lining them up and "parking" them is definitely his favorite pastime. Mav also loves playing "steam roller" with daddy, and being tickled. He talks to me all day long, and if I am talking to someone else he is copying every word I am saying. (He even laughs when I do!) Mav also enjoys helping me with the laundry, and changing Slater's "bum". He is a great big brother. Always giving his little brother big hugs and kisses.

Besides extending his vocabulary immensely and becoming a big brother, this year Mav said goodbye to his uncle Jake who is serving a mission in Washington. He got to spend 8 fun filled days with his grandparents while we were in Hawaii. We think he might have missed us a little, but he sure loves his grandparents! He moved to a new house (yes, we moved AGAIN) He lovingly calls it "Mav's house". He upgraded to the "big boy bed", and still sleeps about 15 hours in a 24 hour period. Hallelujah! He experienced time-out for the first time. (He and I both cried during that adventure, so now we both try to avoid it) He has yet to conquer going potty on the potty, but he thinks his little potty is the best place ever to park his cars. We'll get there... 2 in diapers is not fun! Overall Maverick is our little sweetheart. We love his smile and good nature.



Slater arrived later in the year, but as far as I am concerned he has been a part of everyday life since February-ish. I was pretty ill for the whole first 5 1/2 months of pregnancy, then when I finally felt better I was huge. But it was all worth it! We have loved having a new baby in our home again, and it has been especially neat to have a sweet baby boy around at this time of year. Our thoughts have definitely been turned more to Christ this Christmas season. Brian and I both LOVE our sleep however, so we have a rough time with a newborn, but in all honesty he has been very good. He wakes up every 3 to 4 hours to eat, but then he is right back to sleep, and he is great during the day as well. He is chubbing up nicely already. We just Love his big round cheeks! You just want to kiss them all day long. He is a very sweet and adorable little guy. We feel so blessed to have him.


And as for Brian and I... Bri started working for AdPro Marketing in January as their PR Director. He graduated in May with a bachelors degree in communication, with an emphasis in PR and Advertising, and a minor in Japanese. Hooray!! We are both busily working full-time these days. Bri at AdPro, and me at home with our boys. We are loving life! We have so much to be thankful for. We thank the Lord for all our many, MANY blessings, and we are excited to see what 2009 has in store for us, and each of you. Keep in touch. Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!!!


All our love,
Brian, Britt, Mav, and Slater.

8 comments:

baxtersrus said...

That is such a cute family photo! I love that chubby little baby! How fun! I can't believe Mav knows all that- send him to my preschool! :) It was so fun to chat the other day, thanks for calling!

The Steele family said...

What cute pictures your little boys are so cute. Hope you guys have a great Christmas

Mike and Kim said...

We hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!

Kari said...

What a wonderful picture of all of you! Such cute stories of Mav, I don't know what it is about parking those cars, but Will will still do it for hours. Hope you guys had a great Christmas.

ashycam said...

Your family is beautiful. i love that picture. Sounds like things are going well with Slater in the house and I am sure you are just loving having him around. Merry Christmas Britt.

just dandee said...

Wow! I love that family photo! Who did it? And where was it taken? Dan and I are currently shopping around for someone to take some professional photos of our family. Love it!

We love you guys so much. We loved being with you on Christmas and wish we could see you for New Years. Hope you have a fun night. See you next year!

Frayer Family said...

Wow!! How cute is your family!! I loved hearing about the comparison of your babies. What a cute idea to put both of their pictures up..at the same ages. I can say that I was totally confused at first. I was looking at the picture of Brittney in her hospital gown (but I didn't read the caption at first). I couldn't figure out how your hair got shorter and curly...then I realized those were two different pregnancies. I am a dork!! Anyway, cute pictures!
Love ya,
Jaimee

Kristin said...

Merry Christmas to you too! (a little late) We didn't get our cards out this year either which I was kind of bummed about. But at least you had a good excuse! Your boys are adorable! Where did you get your new family picture? I love it! Anywho... take care!