Here you have it... the comparison post of the 2 boys. They were both born at exactly 39 weeks into the pregnancy. I was started with both. The Labor and delivery took exactly 5 hours with both of them. I pushed just 3 times with them both. And when they finally arrived they both weighed exactly the same. Odd! The only really big difference was with the second labor(slater's) I was REALLY nauseated for most of it, and even puked a few time. NOT FUN. I don't recommend that. Also, the epidural seemed to have worn off quite a bit by the time Slater was born so I was able to feel a bit more, but gratefully not more. It was actually really neat to feel more, but no pain. If you know what I mean... ALSO with Mav they had to vacuum him out on the last push because both his and my heart rate dropped really quickly. That was scary. I am glad that didn't happen again. And Slater has a better shaped head then Mav had for that reason.
same last second shot at the hospital with Slater 
Mav just moments after his birth. Mav's eyes were wide open, he was just taking it all in...

Slater right after he was born. He wouldn't open his eyes. we'll see if that reflects their character later on in life...

Mav in the evening on his birth day

Slater in the evening on his birth day

Maverick - 4 days old

Slater - 4 days old!
It has been fun to see what is similar about them. But it is also really fun to see the differences. overall Slater is chubbier then Mav was at the start. And Maverick's hair was much darker. It will be so much fun to watch them grow up together. Mav is already sharing all his cars and such, and doesn't understand why Slater isn't playing with him. It makes me smile! Mav also LOVES hugging his little brother. I just get to supervise all day to make sure it is a "soft hug" and not a tackle type hug.
8 comments:
What BEUTIFUL BOYS!! We are giong private on our blog and we need your email address. Just send it to tiffywa@gmail.com
Ohh, what cute boys you have. Thanks for the pictures. We have missed you guys.
Your boys look identical. I think Slater looks less like a newborn than Mav. I don't know why, maybe it is the complexion or something. They are both just adorable. Soak up every minute because time flies soo fast. I can't believe I have a four year old. Time has flown.
Wow they look so much alike! I bet they will be best friends growing up.. it was always fun to have a sister close in age!
They are so cute and they definitely look like brothers! Hope you are feeling almost back to normal and you look so cute with your final pregnant pics.
So cute! I can't wait to see him and missed you at Thanksgiving! Give me a call when you can, I'd love to talk to you and see how you and all are doing.
They definitely seem to have a lot in common, but Mav seemed more wrinkly. It's nice that Mav is already sharing, hopefully that will last.
How fun to see the similarties and differences. It was fun to read your description of Mav's adjustment...can't wait to see how our new boy adds to the family! Congrats again!
Post a Comment