Monday, December 1, 2008

An explanation and more pics.

First of all thanks for all the comments and congratulations on our last post. It was fun to read all those!

As for the explanation: some of you still have yet to find out our sweet new baby boys full name. This is not an accident however. It is because we are REALLY paranoid about this crazy world we live in. Thus, putting ALL our baby's info on the Internet all at once (full name, statistics, hospital, social security number, etc.) didn't feel like the right thing to do. So, if you are feeling left in the dark, we apologize. And if you REALLY want to know all those sort of details (minus the SSN) just send us a quick email at bstratty4@yahoo.com. Cool? I would love to tell you ALL about him, with out telling the whole WORLD WIDE WEB all about him

We have had some recent requests for more pics, and all though the professionals say not to put pictures of our adorable children on our blogs, I kind of feel like that is why I have a blog - so that I can show off my cute kids. So bad guys/girls out there ---STAY AWAY!! And the rest of you nice folks... ENJOY!!! And I'm just going to hope for the best. Yes, I know I am paranoid... We are pondering going private, but we have some hold-ups there as well. We'll keep you posted.

These first 2 pictures are the day we came home from the hospital. Mav was so excited to have his little brother here at last.
Mav just wanted to hold him forever. He was so proud of himself, and loved hugging and kissing his new brother. Also notice Slater's huge hands... everyone always comments on them.

He has such beautiful blue eyes! Especially when he is dressed in all blue.

I love this picture. It was like he knew what he was supposed to do when I pulled out the camera. He looked right into the lens, and pulled this little grin face. Yes, I am sure it was probably just gas... I also picked this picture to show off all his hair ;) He does actually have quite a bit, especially in the back, but it is white, like a little old man, so it is hard to see.

I love this about new babies, they never fit in their clothes, And you can sit them anywhere and they look like an adorable little doll. Oh! I love this little boy!

We have lots of pictures like this lately. We have been watching a lot of movies it seems, and Mav loves having a bowl of popcorn at movie watching time. The movie-of-the-moment is CARS. He loves it and watches it over and over. How am I going to break this bad habit of his once I am feeling better? He never used to watch movies, but now it seems that is all he wants to do, and for the moment I am letting him. I am such a good mother...

And this was a very big moment at our house.... Mav walked over to Slater and said "here brother, Nino" He shared Dino!!! I think that was Mav's way of showing his little brother that he accepts him. I had to get a picture!
Well, that updates you to about day 5. I need to download the more recent pictures soon. I can't believe how fast these last 3-ish weeks have gone. Being mother to 2 is going great, but we are definitely tired and definitely busy. We'll get into a smooth pattern here soon. I hope.
Life is wonderful though. I love just starring at my sweet new bundle, and watching Maverick in amazement, because he is suddenly all grown up and big. I am SO grateful for Brian. He has got to be the most helpful and patient husband in the whole world, and he is SUCH a fantastic Daddy.
And, in case you are wondering, Slater does look a lot like Mav did at this age. I will have to post some comparison pictures soon. And he is also following in Mav's footprints for weight gain... At his 2 week doctor appointment when most babies have maybe gotten back to their birth weight, Slater was already more than a pound heavier than he was at birth. And he looks chubbier to me every day;) Healthy is good!!!

5 comments:

ashycam said...

your boys are adorable. I like the name Slater. Mav looks like he loves being a big brother. I love to watch the older child change into a protective, yet caring older sibling. You have some dang cute kids.

Eric said...

we are so happy for you guys! That is so awesome!

Taylor Family said...

All I can say is baby hungry. I can no longer look at your blog.

Wray Family said...

How exciting! He is such a cutie, and I love the name!

Generational stitcher said...

I noticed his hands, mostly because Taylor had HUGE hands too. He's adorable, as for the movies, you'll find a balance soon enough. It does come. We went private because I am paranoid too, as is Tom :) Cute pictures!!