Tuesday, June 9, 2009

May - Wonderful May!

Even though I was a bit too deep into Twilight, we still had a busy, wonderful May. May is one of my favorite months of the year. It is always beautiful! Finally feeling summer-ish after a long winter, I always love the blossoms on the trees, the tulips everywhere, you start seeing people outside again, the grass turns green again, the trees get their leaves, the days are getting longer, the rainstorms are fun, you wake-up to birds tweeting outside your window, and for Bri and I it is the month we fell in love. Yes, that's right. 5 Years ago May 15th we went on our first date. And 5 years ago May 25th we decided we wanted to share eternity with one another. It was a crazy time. So the planning began, and 11 weeks later we went here and sealed the deal..... (we aren't just holding the umbrella to look cute. It really was raining on us)

Oh, Love!!! What fun. I can't believe it has been 5 years! To commemorate our first date this year Bri took me to "Good Wood" for dinner. After we ordered our food we realized neither of us had brought our wallets. YIKES! luckily we were close to home. Bri ran home and grabbed his wallet while I sat and ate my meal by myself, talking to Bri on the phone. I definitely got a few funny looks. That's just the luck of it. The once in a blue moon chance we have a babysitter, we don't get to quietly enjoy a meal together anyway. Oh well. Now we have a funny memory!

And 1 year ago Bri was doing this... And we spent 8 days together here....

Bri is so Hot! huh? Love you babes.
Next trip to Hawaii: I vote I am not pregnant and pukeing my guts out. That would be SO great!


Okay, as for what we did this MAY. Get ready, it is a lot of pictures...

Maverick enjoying the chess board at the local children's museum. We went on a rainy Saturday, and Mav loved every second of it.

Slater turned 6 months old!!!

So he started eating solids. He loves them. Of course.
Below: comparison pictures of the boys at 6 months old.

Maverick: 19lbs 14oz 27 1/2 inches long
Slater: 18lbs 8oz 26 inches long

(sorry Slater is a bit blurry. This kid wiggles around like crazy!!)
Mother's Day
I had a great mother's day. Bri and the boys gave me a wonderful card and I got a planner. I was way excited. And Bri also gave me some money to get my hair done, but I haven't gotten it done yet. Hopefully soon. One of the highlights of the day was that I got to talk to Jake. He is an amazing missionary, and person. He just has a few months left (7) I am so excited to get him back home.
Me and my boys...
Father and Sons Camp-out
Bri invited his Dad to go with he and Mav on our stake father/sons. The 3 of them had a blast! Here they are leaving on the grand adventure with matching hats from Grandpa. Mav was pretty excited!
Fishing at the fish farm... Success!!!
The tent spot...
Mav slept good and woke-up happy!
Then they spent the day at the cabin working on all the fun new playhouses for the kiddos. Mav loved helping grandpa with the power tools.
And was exhausted when all was said and done. This kid NEVER falls asleep in the car. He was wasted!
We went on our first family hike of the year. Slater loved the backpack, Mav hiked like a trooper, and Bri and I didn't get much of a workout going toddler speed, but Bri's back was stiff from carrying the chunk-o. It was a lot of fun!
Grandpa Keith's birthday!
Slater with Keith Senior and Keith Jr.
MEMORIAL DAY

Four generations of Slater's at my grandma's grave.

And to tie May up... Bri is playing indoor again, and Mav can't wait till the games are over so he can go out on the field and kick the ball around with Daddy. I love it!


It was a GREAT May!

4 comments:

Matt and Jade said...

I finished Twilight and loved it. All the pictures look great. Maverick and Slater are so cute. They are getting so big. If Brian's interested the guys play ultimate frisbee on the field by the a-1 lot on Thursdays at 7:30. Y'all should check it out.

Melanie said...

Sounds like a great May! I love this time of year, too! It is beautiful, we reffer to it as sprummer! All of the pictures, like always are so much fun! The one of Maverick with his grandpa at the campout cracked me up because G-pa's smile looked like Maverick's cute lil' grin!

just dandee said...

Oh life is so good. Love you guys.

Shayne and Leslee said...

You have such a darling fam! Fun to see what you are up to!