Oh Life... So far 2010 is going by WAY faster than I think I am ready for. To think that in a week from today we will be in March just amazes me. But we are loving every minute. We have had so many fun things happening lately! Thought I should FINALLY catch up here on the online journal...
My boys are so fun right now. They LOVE each other and LOVE being together. They make me happy! here they are with new "letters" for their rooms. Mav was ecstatic about them.
My boys are so fun right now. They LOVE each other and LOVE being together. They make me happy! here they are with new "letters" for their rooms. Mav was ecstatic about them.
For Christmas I gave Brian a "Night out on the Town" with Me, of course. What more could he possibly ask for?! Haha. We had a fabulous time. We traded in our sneakers for a pair of these...
I highly recommend ice skating at an outdoor rink. Way more romantic. We were the 1st ones back on the ice after the Zamboni cleaned things up for us. It was awesome! I fell down several times and had a huge bruise on one shin for weeks after to show for it. We laughed a lot and felt very "serendipitous".
Mid January we went with Bri's Family up to Hardware Ranch to see the elk. Or the "Reindeer" as Mav called them. It wa a great day spent outdoors. Hooray for some fresh air above the smog!
Such a good daddy! (and a good lookin' one too...um hum)
Mav and his cousins found a muddy and rocky sledding hill, but enjoyed going down it over and over again
We started a big painting project... Our master bedroom was stark white. Not cool! So we slapped some color on the walls, and we like it MUCH better now. Love it!The color test...
Before
After
Mav and Slater Chillin'. Slater wants to do ANYTHING his big brother is doing...
They spend lots of their time laughing at each other. In this one Slater kept sitting up then letting himself fall back over and over again.They thought is was SOOOO funny! Such cute friends.
Maverick was so excited to make valentines for all the special people in his life this year. He did a great job on them too. He is getting so big!
I had a valentine project too... I have wanted to make a fondant cake for quite some time but never really had the right occasion for it. So when Jake had his homecoming on Valentine's Day... what better time? right? It was fun, but I really need to perfect the art. It is so touchy! There will be more to come. But here you have it... My very first fondant cake!
For Valentine's Day Brian gave me tickets to the Paul Cardall: A Celebration of Life concert. It was on the 15th and it was amazing!!! No one in this world can influence your perspective on life more than someone who has had a close brush with death. I shed happy tears, and sad tears, and tears of hope. I made a promise in my heart to be a better wife and mother. This life is so short. Why let the days fly by without making the most of them? It was a spectacular concert.
How could you not just LOVE this cute squishy little face? This kid makes me so happy. He FINALLY has 5 teeth! But he is still not walking... Lazy little chub! We love him. This is his favorite spot in the house.
Mav playing soccer in the back yard with his daddy. Have I mentioned that we are absolutely loving being in our home with a yard and everything. Many more of these soccer games with dad to come. YEAH!
And last but not least... Slater got his first "real" haircut with the clippers yesterday. It was very needed. He was starting to get a pretty good mullet. But I did shed a tear as all that soft baby hair fell to the ground and I looked at that not-a-baby-anymore face of my sweet little boy. They grow so fast!
Before
After
Mav and Slater Chillin'. Slater wants to do ANYTHING his big brother is doing...
They spend lots of their time laughing at each other. In this one Slater kept sitting up then letting himself fall back over and over again.They thought is was SOOOO funny! Such cute friends.My little brother has been serving as a missionary in Washington for the past 2 years. He got home February 2nd. It was a FANTASTIC day!!! I missed you little brother. Glad you are home!
Seeing Mav for the 1st time in 2 years...
Maverick was so excited to make valentines for all the special people in his life this year. He did a great job on them too. He is getting so big!
I had a valentine project too... I have wanted to make a fondant cake for quite some time but never really had the right occasion for it. So when Jake had his homecoming on Valentine's Day... what better time? right? It was fun, but I really need to perfect the art. It is so touchy! There will be more to come. But here you have it... My very first fondant cake!
For Valentine's Day Brian gave me tickets to the Paul Cardall: A Celebration of Life concert. It was on the 15th and it was amazing!!! No one in this world can influence your perspective on life more than someone who has had a close brush with death. I shed happy tears, and sad tears, and tears of hope. I made a promise in my heart to be a better wife and mother. This life is so short. Why let the days fly by without making the most of them? It was a spectacular concert.
How could you not just LOVE this cute squishy little face? This kid makes me so happy. He FINALLY has 5 teeth! But he is still not walking... Lazy little chub! We love him. This is his favorite spot in the house.
Mav playing soccer in the back yard with his daddy. Have I mentioned that we are absolutely loving being in our home with a yard and everything. Many more of these soccer games with dad to come. YEAH!
And last but not least... Slater got his first "real" haircut with the clippers yesterday. It was very needed. He was starting to get a pretty good mullet. But I did shed a tear as all that soft baby hair fell to the ground and I looked at that not-a-baby-anymore face of my sweet little boy. They grow so fast!



5 comments:
Oh how I love reading about the good times at the Stratford house. Love your boys... and I LOVE YOUR ROOM! I knew you had done it but hadn't seen it yet. It looks so great. I feel even more motivated to really get rid of all the white walls in our house now too. Soon...
Fun to see all the updates at your house! Nice job on the paint--I heart color as well! Your boys are just too squidggy and yummy...
SO CUTE! Your boys are absolutely adorable! I love your bedroom. You guys did a great job!
The new paint job rocks. Can't wait until we have a house to paint til our heart's content.
Glad that hid all remains of Slaters comb over, he was quickly on his way to becoming a mullet grower.
Thanks for the update.
Brit! The boys are so cute (as always)! Hardware Ranch is a blast, we go there every few years. I love the color you chose for your room, classy classy. And Cal's not walking, either, so don't feel bad.
Post a Comment