I read a story recently about a mother of young children. She explained how difficult a particular day had been, when finally everything caught up to her. She put her 1 year old in his high chair then overcome with the emotions of the day she rested her head on the tray and began to cry. Without a noise her son promptly removed the Binky from his mouth and inserted it into hers.
To me, that is motherhood.
Yes, It is hard work being a mother. Probably the hardest thing I have ever done, and yet it is definitely the most rewarding thing I have ever done as well. You put your heart and soul into everyday with these little people. I rejoice when they do new things. I laugh at their silly personalities. I can't count how many times a day I kiss Slater's fat cheeks, and tell them both how much I love them. My heart melts when Mav says "I love lu so much too mommy", or when Slater snuggles in close to my neck and sighs "ooohh". It is amazing to watch your son say his prayers and try to read the scriptures, and get so excited to go to church, and can't wait to "hold the priesthood like Daddy!" I love watching my boys play together and laugh at each other. They are such good friends.
With all that love and wonderful-ness also comes temper tantrums, stinky diapers, potty training, the boys fighting over the same toy, falls, scrapes, ouies, whining, begging, sadness, and seemingly never ending grumpiness. But it seems all that stress can magically dissipate with a giggle, hug, or big smile from either of my sweet boys.
I am so lucky to be a mother. I can not believe I have an almost 4 year old. The time goes so quickly. Maverick is such a good helper, and a truly caring little man. Slater is finally walking everywhere these days and loves doing anything with his big brother. They both bring us so much joy, and so much stress, but we love them so much.
With all that said, we have an announcement to make: Baby #3 will be joining our family in October! We are so excited. Crazy to think of the 3rd child jumping into the mix of things. And in ways I feel too young to have 1 kid, let-a-lone 3! But we are thrilled that our Father in Heaven is trusting us with another of his precious spirits. Pregnancy is not the easiest time of my life. I actually get quite sick and feel like a zombie pretty much all of the time. Brian takes it like a champ. He does all the cooking when he is home, and always makes sure the house (especially the kitchen) is free of bad smells or dirty dishes. He puts up with my random up-chucking, falling asleep anywhere and everywhere, crazy food cravings, and messy house. Thankfully my little people put up with it pretty good too. They have to entertain themselves a lot. I knew the throwing up was a big part of our recent life after seeing Slater go stand by the toilet and make the gaging sound... or when Mav follows me into the bathroom asking in a worried voice "are you going to spit-up again momma?" He is always saying "I'm so sorry you don't feel good mommy". They are sweet boys.
I don't say all this to make y'all feel sorry for me. I say it to let you know that I think it is all totally worth it. All the sickness through pregnancy, the gained weight and stretch marks, the labor and delivery, the sleepless nights when they are first born, the tears, the poop, the tantrums, the potty training, etc.... It is all worth it!!! I love being a mother.

We are so excited to welcome number 3 here in October. According to the Doctor ALL looks well and healthy so far, there is only 1 baby in there, and I am almost 12 weeks along. He did give me medicine for the nausea, but it makes me even more tired. We have already had questions of "so you are probably hoping this one is a girl?" Of course it would be fun to have a girl, but we love our boys! And we are just thrilled to be having another one. We'll be happy with whatever we get.
21 comments:
A hearty congratulations to you and your family!!!
That is wonderful news; you and Brian are loving, capable, trustworthy parents and we are so happy for your new coming addition. Thanks for sharing your fabulous news!
i don't know you personaly... but you are adorable and I also send you my congratulations. I can't wait until I too am part of the mothering world. Your family is sooo adorable!
YAY!!! I can't believe that...THREE kids! You guys are in the big leagues! We're so happy for you and happy to hear another cute kid's on the way for your family! We think the world of you both (and your awesome, easy-going parenting that would make anyone want to have kids) and this little one on its way is so lucky to have you! CONGRATS!
How exciting! Congratulations! You are such a cute mom and your boys are absolutely adorable! Good luck with this pregnancy and I hope you get feeling better soon!
That is so exciting for you both! My third baby is now 7 months old. I thought 2 was an adjustment but I think going to 3 kids was more of an adjustment then I thought it would be. Good luck with your pregnancy and every thing else. Your boys are adorable.
I am so happy for you guys! I completely agree that they are totally worth all the sleepless nights etc, being a mom is the best! Congrats!
Congrats Brittany! How exciting! I hope that you get feeling better soon and thanks for your thoughts on motherhood. It is a wonderful gift...even with its thorns. :)
Yay! Congratulations! Wow 3!!! I guess I better jump on the baby wagon soon!
I'm so happy for you! So you must have been pregnant when I asked back in Feb? We sure had fun at your house. Good luck with the sickness, no fun. You are a trouper.
Congrats!!! That is so exciting. I will let you know how it is with three. Everyone keeps telling me how hard the jump from 2 to 3 is.
Congrats you four. We are so happy for you. We miss you both, hope everything is great.
So much for waiting until May to share the good news. Ha ha. You already lasted much longer then I could have. So excited for you! Love you girl!
Hee Hee!!!
Ok so I am #14 on the list to find out...... This will be #10 GRAND KID... WOW.
WE LOVE YOU GUY.
Grandma and Grandpa Stratford
Oh, you made me cry. I'm so happy for you guys! And I feel bad for you. . .pregnancy is so rough and I know mine haven't been as bad as yours. I wish I was closer so I could help out a little bit. Good luck with it!
I loved this! I needed to read this tonight. Thanks Brittany! You are amazing! I really appreciate your example! And congratulations! That is SO wonderful!
COngrats Stratford's on another baby. Grandma saya she hopes you will have a girl so in 10 grandkids there are more than 1 girl. SO much fun!!
Congratulations! That is so exciting for your little family!!
Congratulations! That is so exciting for you guys. I loved reading your post and it is getting me very excited to be a mother shortly. I think it is so great how grateful you are to have your children. Working in an OB office I've seen a lot of ungrateful women who can have kids while others would do anything to have children and yet can't. Getting pregnant and having a baby is truly a miracle. Our bodies are amazing and I just don't see how anyone could not believe in a Father in Heaven who created us all. Congrats again and I am very excited for you!
Hooray, hooray, hooray! We're excited for you!! And thanks for that great post, my sentiments exactly! The life of a mother isn't always glamorous, but it is joyous!
Congrats. sorry you are so sick. I was the same with my two, and again with this one. I am not one that likes being pregnant, but I totally agree that it is so worth it. Our third will be here in Aug. Our first little boy,and we are so excited. Hope you get feeling better quick. It is amazing how understanding little kids can be when mommy is so sick. Blessing from Heaven, that is for sure.
Post a Comment