Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Crazy Life...

Since I wrote our last post, announcing the pregnancy of our much anticipated baby number 3, a lot has happened and changed here in our life. First big change came a couple days after I wrote that post... Brian was layed off. Yes, that's right folks. Just bought our first real house, excited to welcome our 3rd baby, life is looking good, then we got the bomb dropped on us. We were completely shocked. We couldn't see this happening in a million years.
But life is meant for trials. That is why we are here... Right? Right. So we are plugging a long. I got a part time job at a place I was once employed full time. Which has been a blessing of sorts. Brian gets to see what being mom full time is like, I get more adult interaction, and the boys get to spend more time with us both. It has been a bit up-side-down, but we are working through it. We have felt the prayers and support of many, and hope whatever we are supposed to be learning from all this is made known to us sooner rather than later, and that Bri finds something new soon.

Things continue on with the pregnancy. Still feeling sick-ish most of the time. That should end here in the next couple weeks if I follow the pattern of the other pregnancies. That will be nice. We will find out the gender of the baby next week. YEAH! We are anxious to find out. Mav is insisting that he is getting a sister, but we don't really feel one way or the other. We love boys and think we have a couple great boys already, so a boy would be fun. But of course every mom wants a girl, and every daddy needs a daughter. So we shall see. It will be good to know. Especially if we have to spend the next half of the pregnancy convincing Mav that he is getting a brother.


Life is crazy, but things are good. And how sad could we be with faces around us like this...

(Slater REALLY enjoys eating.) Some things we have been up to lately...
We had a big ski day up at the Beav with Chris, Abby, and Jake. It was a great day!
Brian celebrated a birthday surrounded by family...
The boys mowed the lawn together for the 1st time at this house, and for this year. Mav LOVES to help mow the lawn and has helped every time since then.
Slater Found a new love for blue easter eggs...
Mav spends a lot of time painting these days
And keeping the fridge covered with BEAUTIFUL works of art
Slater spends most of his time driving trucks, looking for trucks outside, or making the truck sound with his mouth. Or all of the above at the same time
We made this delicious Cinnamon rolls for mother's day. They were so yummy!
Mav and Slater have put a band together...
Sometimes Mav goes solo
Maverick LOVES being outside and is found doing all sorts of silly things like climbing on this lovely bit of nature we have in our front yard
Here are lots of recent pics of the boys together. They are such good buddies - generally, and we just love that!
Here they are in their Easter outfits
Mav likes to see what's up with Slater first thing in the morning. I am pretty sure he woke him up this particular day and climbed right in to his much loved space...
Sitting on their bench on the front porch. They are often found sitting in this very spot. Had to get a picture.
With Daddy around a lot more now they are doing all sorts of fun stuff together. Here the boys are playing in a fort made from a big box. it still continues to entertain for quite some time.
Grandma Jan and Grandpa Keith brought these chairs to the boys one night. The next morning they were both down there "relaxing" first thing. They were so excited!!!
New goggles have made bath time so much fun! We love these boys!
We will let you know soon if Mav and Slater are getting a brother or a sister. And keep your fingers crossed for us with all this job stuff. This too shall be for our good...

14 comments:

Shayne and Leslee said...

What a couple of doll-faces you have, Brit! Hope you are feeling better soon--pregnancy is rough! And we hope things will happen for Brian as well (that is a dreaded trial to go through for sure. We'll keep you in our prayers!)

Shannon said...

Our prayers are with you guys! What a sweet, happy family you have.

The Dahls said...

I'm so sorry about Brian's job. We've been there! It's so scary and so hard. We made it through on lots of faith and prayers! You'll be in ours!

just dandee said...

We love you guys and your adorable boys. You are in our prayers always. Be sure to let me know if I can help out with the boys ANYTIME! I LOVE all these cute pics. Priceless moments.

Tammy said...

We know all too well the "joys" of unemployment. Good luck! Something will pop up soon, I'm sure. In the meantime, I'll be sending positive, no-morning-sickness thoughts your way.

Lexie said...

Your boys are adorable!

Etts a Beautiful Life said...

I hope you have a girl :)

Jenilyn Anderson said...

I will keep you in my prayers. I am so sorry, but you will for sure be blessed with something even better later. That is such a hard thing to go through. I love all the cute pictures! I can't wait to hear what you are having!

Anna said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Brian's job! I heard about it a little while ago and have thought about you guys so much since. You've been in my prayers often. I'm sure something will come up soon. Meanwhile, your boys are so cute and I'm looking forward to seeing you this summer! :)

Mike and Mindy Williams said...

Stumbled upon your blog--such a cute family! And, how well I remember that sickening feeling of the hubby losing his job. Your story sounds like mine--just found out I was pregnant with baby number two, just bought a big, beautiful, 10-year plan home, and one day I got a phone call that said, "I got laid off dear. Insurance ends today. Paychecks end today. I'm coming home now." Hang in there! It turned out to be a good thing for us--what does Brian do? My husband now works at L3 communications and they are DESPERATE for people to come and work there. If he's any sort of engineer, he would have good luck there. And you just watch--you will have people coming out of the woodwork and bending over backwards to give Brian positive referrals. I was overwhelmed with the kindness people gave us. We were unemployed for 6 months, and I've learned, there can be worse things. At least unemployment is a problem that money can solve!! Good luck!!

baxtersrus said...

Hey I'm right there with you. Chad got laid off this week. Stinkin' economy. Good for you working for now, you're such a good wife. I sure wish you and I could hang out here and there. your boys are adorable. I hope you get feeling better soon!

baxtersrus said...

There's always the ship... to make house payments?! :)

Mike and Kim said...

I will be sure to keep you guys in our prayers. I am anxious to see if you are having a boy or a girl! Stay positive and I know things will work out for the better! Your boys are sure cute and look more and more alike eachother as they grow :)

Kristin said...

I feel sad that we haven't been able to catch each other on the phone. Sorry about that, I'm really not a very good phone friend. I really have been feeling sad for you guys though, and I've been praying for you. I can't wait to hear the news. Try calling again when you get the chance!