Saturday, October 22, 2011

September Stuff

September: My favorite month of the year!

Here are a few things we did this year in my favorite month...


Mav played on his first real soccer team. Daddy was so proud! Here he is with team mate/friend George and his coach. They were the "Green Gators". He had fun and we had fun watching him. Let the soccer years begin... The Boys got to enjoy a Classic car show. This was one of their favorites. A Corvette: I'd say they have excellent taste.

We went to the church history museum with their cousins. Mav and Tressa got to try Mexican dancing. They were adorable! and pretty good dancers too...


We attempted to get a dog... Every little boy needs a dog - right? Right. And since we have 3 little boys we thought we would give it a try when we were offered a dog.
His name is Dundee and he is a really cool dog. But he didn't really like us much. He had been given to us by previous owners, and lets just say he didn't like the idea of being given to a new family. We all fell in love with him right a way:

But after a few days, Dundee had taken nips at the boys, and that is where I draw the line. Yes, the barking was more than I had imagined, and the hair everywhere, and allergy issues we encountered weren't fun, but if he is going to bite my kids, that's when I decided things were getting way worse before he was "settling in". So we talked with the previous owners and worked out a plan. He is in a good home now, and hopefully happier than he appeared to be here... maybe someday we will try a dog again.

I celebrated a birthday!!! I Love birthdays.

Bri took the day off and after spending the morning with our buddies, just he and I headed into the State Fair. Which was SUPER fun. Brian hadn't ever been to a fair. So that was fun to experience a 1st with him. That doesn't happen very often these days... We saw all the animals, and went down this huge slide

We left the park and went to dinner at Olive Garden, then went back to the fair park. We got to enjoy a "White Ivory" concert

And hang out with my lil'bro, since his friends/roomates are all in the band. It was fun to see him, and we all went down the big slide again. It was a great day!



The boys are never happier than when they are driving their trucks in the dirt... I love it too;)

Love my boys!

We went back to our old high school for the Homecoming football game. It was a good time for all.

Our team lost though... Shocker! It was a great fall night to enjoy a football game.






Love you September! See you again next year.

*also another highlight: My 1/2 marathon was the second weekend in September. I ran about 3 miles of it with my sister due to my awesome toe situation. SUPER LAME! Oh well. maybe someday I will get to really do one at "full capacity".

No comments: