We hope that you all have had a very Merry Christmas! Ours was Fabulous, minus the way it ended... read on: I will tell you more.
So the picture above is us on the 22nd. We decided to take Mav sledding at the Mt. Ogden golf course. We had such a fun time!!!! And we think that Maverick enjoyed it too. The hills were perfect and all 3 of us even went off a jump together on the sled like shown...that's the part Mav wasn't so sure about, but it was a blast! That might be a new Saturday before Christmas tradition...fun!
This is us at Powder Ridge Condos on that ridiculously crazy storm day last week. We were invited to join Tara (my sister) and Eddie with their kids up to their family condo. The next day was crazy windy and constantly snowy. with crazy thunder and pink lightening. Yikes! We enjoyed the pool, but our sledding plans fell through. We had a great time up there, but headed out early because of the storm....to make a long story short-er: 3 hours later we made it down Powder Mountain road in our Honda Civic! (I knew those snow tires were a good purchase!) We were blessed! In
the picture Mav is so sad...but I wanted to show that just outside those windows was a crazy blizzard. Another building was just about 5 yards aways and you can't even see it. Crazy!
Here we are at the Ogden city center lights last Monday. It was cold, but we had a great time with Ben (my brother) and Tara and their kids and my mom dad and Jake. Mav loved seeing all the lights!
And He even got to see a real live Santa Reindeer! He wasn't that impressed but I thought it was pretty sweet!
And here we have sweet baby Tate wrapped in swaddling clothes lying in a manger playing Jesus in the Stratford family annual Nativity. What a sweetheart!
We had a Mary (Madi) a Joseph (Tracen) a Shepard (Tyler) and OF COURSE a sweet little white lamb (Maverick) Uncle shane filled in as the other many roles ie: donkey, Ox, etc. And Deanne was the Star, well, she held the star.
Maverick in a Santa hat. Merry Christmas!
Maverick got spoiled for Christmas. Here he is sitting in his new "just his size" chair from Gma and Gpa Stratford. They were so nice to come deliver it to our house on Christmas eve and spend some time with us. They are always so generous. And Mav has loved it! He piles everything that he can find onto it then laughs as he pulls them all off and dumps them on the floor. not my favorite game, but whatever keeps him happy! It's kind of his new game. He got this turtle block building toy from my parents and he laughed his head off while I quickly piled the blocks on and he just as quickly pulled them off. Silly Maverick!
Mav was so cute at my moms house on Christmas eve playing in my moms Christmas bears! We have a tradition on Christmas eve that my parents send all of their kids and spouses to a movie and they watch all the grand kids....while they also prepare Christmas eve dinner. We went and saw the new National Treasure! It was a great flick. Not our favorite of the year (that happens to be August Rush...in case you were wondering) But we liked it quite a bit. Thanks mom and dad! And dinner was sooooo yummy too. Sorry I messed up on the broccoli... next year maybe I can try again.
Christmas morning we slept in until 7:30. My mom was pacing...she usually has us all awake by about 5:00! But since we didn't get to bed until around 2:00 I guess she slept in. Maverick missed it all. He slept in until 10:00, so he ate breakfast with us then headed downstairs to open his gifts and to see what Santa brought. He had several new fun things but really the only gift he was excited about at all at first was the banana Santa left in his stocking. It was hilarious! He would open each gift then quickly say..."Nana" because he sooo wanted that next big bite. Now remember that this was right after he had just eaten a large waffle, bacon, and eggs breakfast, but the poor kid acted like he had never tasted food in his life. Funny Boy!
4 comments:
Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas! I love the little chair that Maverick got. Melanie was telling me about it. Fun stuff!
Brittany,
Yea, I know Trina (is that her name?) emailed a couple times. I haven't check again to see if she emailed more. Last I heard Logan sent an email and it had been a couple days...so, hopefully she ended up responding again. I'll let you know. Yea, Logan decided to not say much to her about that weirdness. You guys come up with the cutest family pictures...I love that on the sled!
Britt-
You do such a good job at documenting your family stories. I love to read them. Way cute pictures! Sorry we scared you with the accident... thanks for caring so much. We love you guys!
Wow, you guys had way too much excitement for one Christmas day--glad to hear that Melanie and Ty and Madi were all okay--what a scary thing. You are all too cute; thanks for sharing your fun day. Wish Brian good luck with his upcoming semester; he is the bravest of souls for taking 21 credit hours. It will be so great to be done though, and can totally do it. Hope to see you all soon!
Shannon
Post a Comment