Thursday, April 24, 2008

Our 20 Month Old!!!

Here are some recent pics of our adorable Maverick who is 20 months old and acting like a 2 year old these days. Darn! I thought he was destined to be a perfect angel like his daddy forever. I must remember my blood runs through his veins too...
In this picture he is eating his favorite fruit "bapes" (grapes) It doesn't do wonders for the diaper situation, and it makes him crazy... he begs and begs for them, and while he eats them he giggles like he is doing something he shouldn't, and when we tell him he has had enough he freaks out. Scary!


He also really loves his "dimos" (dominoes) he has to have all 50 of them scattered all over our living room floor ALL THE TIME.

In this picture he is filling every pocket of his pants full of dominoes, and it obviously was weighin' him down. He looks like a little HomeyG... frightening! PS. I think his shirt was off because he had been eating something messy! Checkout that physique though!!!


Here he is bonding with daddy. Bri put him on his shoulders because he was being crazy, and as soon as he got up there he just went limp and totally relaxed against Bri. It was cute. Too bad this trick doesn't always inspire the same reaction...


We FINALLY had a nice enough day last week that we got to take Mav to see the ducks at the park by our place. It was a beautiful day! Brian decided to teach Mav how to rock climb. Maverick thought it was pretty cool stuff. He is quite a climber anyway so now we have created a monster. I'll never be able to keep him on flat ground!




Hooray!!! We finally got Maverick to like slides! He has always gone down them once or twice with us at the park but now he actually likes it and wants to go down again and again, and AGAIN! It's really cute.

Mav LOVES being outside. He stands at our glass sliding door for most of the day and says "Go! GO! GO!" over and over, and when that doesn't work he goes to our front door and repeats the same beggin' action to Go. Poor kid! The weather just needs to stay nice!!!

Maverick also says most necessary words these days. And even after all of my efforts to not have a child that says "NO" he has made it a dominate part of his vocabulary in the last few weeks. Darn! I was really hoping the "Uh-Uh" thing would work. Wouldn't it be SO much more cute to have a little 2 year old walking around saying "Uh-Uh" Instead of "NO"? Oh well, I tried.

He REALLY enjoys his bath time. He is a great eater. He likes helping me empty the dishwasher, and make the bed. He isn't into nursey all of a sudden. He likes to help me do the laundry and vacuum. And he also likes dumping everything out on the floor that he can. He is still an excellent sleeper. He is awake for about 8 hours during the day then sleeps the rest of the time. I'm spoiled. He is overall a happy kid that is really good at entertaining himself, but like I say the last couple weeks we have been seeing the tantrums. I don't think I am ready for that....

We love our little Maverick Man!!

1 comment:

Generational stitcher said...

I can SO EMPATHIZE!! Taylor is the same way with grapes, eats them until he gets sick. Adam has just taken to screaming about nursery, as soon as the closing song in Sacrament Meeting starts off he goes, "NO NURSERY! NO NURSERY!!" All the way until we get him calmed down IN nursery...it's rather sad. Good thing they are so cute and cuddly!