Monday, June 16, 2008

Oh, daddy's dear!

Fathers, and Grandfathers hold a very special place in my heart. I am so lucky to have been raised by such an amazing Dad. He is so kind, loving, spiritual, funny, patient, and just the best dad I ever could have asked for. He was, and still is always there for me, cheering me on, and giving me the appropriate humbling when needed.

And I am so grateful to Brian's dad for raising such a wonderful son. And I am also glad that he welcomed me in to his family, and treats me just like all the rest. With lots of teasing and sarcasm, but also lots of love.
And Mav couldn't dream of having 2 better grandpa's. They both love him so much and spoil him! And Mav loves both of them. If he ever wants to go anywhere: it's to grandpa's. If he ever wants to talk to anyone on the phone: it's grandpa. I hope that he grows up to be just like them.
above: Grandpa (Dad) Stratford
below: Grandpa (Dad) Slater

And as for the best Dad I know.... the one I get to observe and learn with day in and day out... BRIAN KEITH STRATFORD!

Thank You Brian for being such a wonderful Daddy to our little boy. He sure loves his "Dadda"

Mav and Brian at the Sherwood Hills Resort last week. Doesn't Maverick look just like his Daddy? Lucky kid! Brian taking care of his sick little Mav earlier this spring.
Maverick asleep in Daddy's arms on the snowmobile in March.

Maverick loves chillin' with dad. I love how relaxed he is up there! Funny kid.

Brian and Mav playing together. There's nothin' better than that!
Maverick and Daddy playing at the Ogden Athletic Club pool.
Kisses! I love seeing Bri be so sweet with his little boy. That's what I love about daddy's - they teach you how to be tough, but they love you in a way that is sweeter than any love on earth.
So to the Dads in my life, Happy Father's Day!!! (yesterday)
I love you so much, and so does Maverick. Thanks for all you have done, and all that you do.
And I don't have pictures of them but I have some very amazing Grandpa's in my life as well, and I am so lucky to have all 4 of them still alive. We love you!

1 comment:

just dandee said...

So true, so true. Dad's are amazing. We sure are lucky to have such great ones.