Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer Fun!

Just as the weather really warmed up, at the end of June, Mav got a horrible cold. Some welcome to summer, I thought. But since then he has felt fine and has played REALLY hard.

He Loves reading! This one - "Elmo's lift and look book" Gets read multiple times everyday. And each time he gets so excited as if he has never seen it before...

On July 1st my mom took us to Liberty park in SLC. That is an amazing park! And the kids loved it. The cool thing is that my mom used to walk to that park from her Grandmas house when she was a little girl. So she thought it was so fun to have her grandkids enjoy the same rides she rode. and yes, they REALLY are the exact same ones... which does make them a bit old. But the kids loved em'!
Mav was convinced he was REALLY driving and flying. It was so cute to watch him concentrate on how he turned the steering wheel and such. This one below of him flying is one of my new favorites of him. Look at that pure joy on his face!!!

On to the 4th of July festivities....
I must say that the 4th is one of my favorite holidays. You got Christmas, My birthday, Our anniversary, and Independance Day - Oh! The finer things in life!!!

Stratfords have a tradition on the evening of the 3rd. We all go to Mom and Dads house and eat, let the kids swim in the kiddi pool, have a rely race, watch Dad set off fire works in the road, and then we all settle down on our air mattresses in the backyard with a good movie on the projector screen... aaahhh summer! Mav especially loved his ride on the little 4-wheeler with grandma.
Here are Mav and Madi the morning of the 4th. Thank goodness for baby monitors! Mav got a good nights rest in his port-a-crib inside the house, with us outside with the monitor. He never would have fallen asleep out there without even a tent to distract his eyes from his beloved outside.
On to the Parade! We met up with my family for the Kaysville parade. Gram gave each of the kids those cute little hats - thanks Gram! Mav really liked the parade. Especially when he realized it was candy they were throwing at him.

(L-R: Alexa, Mav, Charlie, and Mikenna. Tyson and Carson are back behind.)
After the parade we had a feast in my parents backyard. Had a lazy afternoon, with some water fun and Mav even managed to get about an hour long nap. Which was a miracle with so many little kids everywhere. After some awesome homemade ice cream we headed back to Stratfords for a bit then down to the Kaysville fireworks. We got some glow sticks attached to Maverick as soon as we got there and Brian chased him everywhere. That kid has no fear of anything, strangers, the road, sprinklers... He could care less where Brian and I are... scary! But when the fireworks got going he was mesmerized. He layed on the blanket next to me and "oooed" and "Aahhhed" the entire time, and said "pop, pop, pop!" He loved them! and still talks about them all the time.
For my sister Tara's birthday on the 7th we went in to SLC to spend some time with her. We walked down to all the fountains by the temple and Mav tried to throw himself into the reflecting pond.







He is till our excellent little sleeper. When I took the above picture - it was noon, and I was waking him up since he had been asleep for over 15 hours. Oh! I REALLY hope this next little guy is as good a sleeper. And the other pic is just so cute of him in his tunnel with all his "friends"
Last Thursday, Brian was so nice and watched Mav while I went with my parents and my sister to the miss Utah pageant in SLC where we got to watch Haley. She did such a great job! We were there the night she performed her talent. Personally I think she should have won, but just because she didn't doesn't mean that she is any less beautiful or talented.
Way to go Haley!!! You did so awesome!

And yesterday Grandma Waite held her first great grandkid swimming party for the year. All of her 12 great grandkids were there - 10 boys and 2 girls. See, we are doomed to never have a girl. Boys just run wild in this family.... It's fun!

And last but not leased I just had to post this picture of Mav and Madi. Madi is indeed the little princess. What do you think of that shot Melanie? It just gave me a good chuckle when I saw it. I hope it does for you all as well. Kids will be kids.
So far we are having a great summer and hate to see it getting over so quickly. The good news is that we are getting closer and closer to the arrival of baby boy #2 - YEAH!!!!

5 comments:

just dandee said...

Awsome pictures Britt! Fun Fun Fun traditions. I am so glad you are in this family. Bri is such a lucky guy. I am glad to see that you are just posting about the 4th too. Makes me not feel so bad that I just barely posted. Love you guys!

The Wangsgard's said...

Ok Britt I LOVE that picture! It pretty much sums up Madi! J/K She is a little princess that rules. That pictue will have to go on her wedding video! :)

Dream come true said...

Hey brit! This is Laura Savage from when we were kids :) how fun that you are prego again. I am having a little girl at the first of November. Yeah! I totally feel for you being sick. I am still throwing up at 25 weeks BLAH. But unlike you I have already gained like 20 lbs. I don't get how that works?

just dandee said...

Hello? Where did you go? I miss you! Love you guys!

Wray Family said...

Hey Brit!! I love this bloggin stuff! I am really slow at it so it takes me forever to post stuff so don't plan on me posting a ton but hey at least I have a blog now =) Keep in touch!