On July 22nd Maverick and I experienced our 1st Rodeo! Brian got some tickets to the Ogden Rodeo from a lady at work, so we went and had a blast!!! I wish I could have grown-up around horses and rodeos more. It was amazing! and Mav loved watching the cows and horses. It is a pretty great thing to have my 2 year old (almost) entertained for about 3 hours straight. maybe we need some cow roppin' going on at church, so Mav wouldn't become so restless....
After the bull riders, There was a sweet motocross thing... as pictured. maverick thought that was about the coolest thing ever! And now he gets even more excited than ever to see motorcycle bikes. It was a great night at the rodeo, and I just might want it to be a July 24th-ish family tradition. I loved it!
This past weekend was my family reunion. We went with my parents and all my brothers and sisters (minus Elder Slater. who was greatly missed...) and their spouses and children....for a grand total of 27 people. 12 adults, and 15 1/2 children all under 13 years old. It was great!
This is all the guys going out to "paintball war" with wrist rockets...Ben's idea. It sounds like they had a blast and even had some good welts after to show for it. Fun...
And this is the ladies. We did a craft while the guys were "waring". Tara Jill had planned for us to make little girl hair bows. They turned out really cute. Now all I need is a little girl. Hhmm...
We were really roughin' it at this reunion. We stayed at the Stratford's cabin in Eden.(by Pineview) where each couple had a bed and 5 of the kids did too, then all the other kids slept on the floor or in port-a-cribs. It was awesome! Running water, showers, an oven, dishwasher, etc.. etc... And yes we played the Wii for many long hours - after the kids were in bed of course. This picture is of Bri and I boxing. We went 2 rounds, but he knocked me out in the end. Yes, my arms are still sore.
And here we have my mom and dad bustin' out their boxing moves. It was sweet. They went the longest - all 3 rounds, with mom getting out in the end. It was hilarious!
Now for those of you that know me well, know that I am 100% against video games. But I have to admit, after playing the Wii I have changed my thoughts a bit. infact, if I had the money I would probably invest in a Wii system. It actually gets you physically into it, and there isn't any blood and guts or swearing or any other such lame-ness. It was just good clean family fun.
It was a great reunion and so much fun to be with everyone. We also went boating on Friday, but I didn't have my camera - bummer. Thanks to Stratfords for the accommodations and the boats, and thanks to my family for being so fun! Lets just keep that story about the pregnant sister almost wetting her pants cow racing under wraps -alright?!;)
Monday, August 4, 2008
Rodeo, motorcycles, paintball, Wii = Summer family fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I guess you all had a blast. It sure looks like it. check out our blog matthewandjade.blogspot.com
Looks like a great time! I also am not a big video game fan but have to admit that Wii is good, clean fun!
Too fun. Gotta love that cabin. AND... I totally feel the same way you do about video games, but also find the WII to be awesome!
Wait.. cow racing? Wetting your pants? Oh, I must know. Do tell, do tell!
Post a Comment