Nesting: The desire to clean everything in site over and over. This usually occurs in the latter part of pregnancy.
Uh, Yeah... I'm there.
As the big day is quickly approaching I have found myself on my hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor, the bathroom floor, the bath tub, the toilets, etc... over and over, and somehow they all still look dirty to me ALL the time. Poor Mav gets followed around by mom with a cloth in hand or the vacuum, or he simply gets told all day long "I don't think that you should have that right now Mav, cause I know you will just make a huge mess." Poor kid. I'm sure he wonders where my nice twin is hiding these days. So why do we do this? What is this strange phenomenon? Chalk it up to hormones. (again) It seems like that is the only answer when you are pregnant. Hormones. I long for the day I can get into my bathtub without feeling like I should have scrubbed it first.
Oh, how I love a good long soak in the tub! Many think it is totally disgusting, since you are essentially "sitting in your own filth", but last time I checked I am just not THAT filthy of a person. And Truly it is one of my favorite things to do. AAAaaahhhh.
Speaking of relaxing... Maverick has officially advanced to the "big boy bed". Yeah! Some of you are saying "It's about time, the kid is 2!" But to be completely honest I was just WAY too worried that if I took him out of his crib that I would lose my excellent sleeper. And that would devastate me. Sleep is the greatest! But never fear. He still sleeps 13 hours at night and takes about a 3 hour nap every day. Thank You Maverick! Won't it be horrible if baby boy #2 doesn't adopt this same sleeping schedule? The answer is Yes! I don't know what I will do if he is a bad sleeper. My mom says I am in for it though. So I will keep you posted.
As for posting... I feel sad that I didn't get a picture on here of Maverick on Halloween. He was such an adorable lion, and loved saying "ROAR" to everyone he saw. He loved the concept of trick-or-treating, and had a great day with his Stratford cousins, and an enjoyable evening with his Slater cousins. Good times. (And I tried to post said Lion picture on this post, but blogger kept shutting down, so sorry, no cute Mav picture. But there will be more to come I can assure you.)
I am also feeling badly that I didn't get my hair done before the baby will be here. My hair has seemed to get darker with each pregnancy. Sad! I really do like myself better as a blond, and so does Brian, but the root grow out is enough to drive me absolutely crazy! It seems like just a few days after I get it done that my root grow-age is already showing. And, as you may know, money doesn't grow on trees, so it isn't the most cost efficient thing for me to stay blond. Ggrrrr. And it will probably just be harder for me to get it done after the baby arrives, and we are planning to get family pictures taken in December... Oh dilemma!!!! Not much I can do about it now. Why could I not have just stayed a blond in the 1st place? oh well.
As for how I am feeling... big. and my stomach feels like it is stretched to the limit. It itches like crazy, and I swear a belly-button should NEVER look the way mine does right now. I am also feeling very nervous for the whole Labor/ Delivery part. I think it is almost worse with this one than the first. I have been having terrible nightmares about every possible worst case scenario, and basically freaking myself out about it. But it is all in the Lord's hands really, and I also have great confidence in my Doctor. Who supposedly is one of the best emergency delivery doctors in the area. He gets called into lots of scary situations, so I am in good hands.
Overall: Pregnancy is a complete miracle. It is not the most fun thing in the world, but I am grateful that I have had the opportunity, and nothing beats that moment when that final push is done and the doctor hands you that precious little bundle, and you look into your husbands eyes and share a moment as close to the other side of the veil as I think you can get in this life. AMAZING. And THAT is why woman keep having babies.
Okay, I guess I am done. Wish me luck and pray for me... We will let you know when our little man arrives. I will save all my political ramblings for another time. Be glad. That is a touchy thing at the moment. But really only time can tell - right? Thanks for reading!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Just Thinking...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Good luck with the new baby. My second delivery was so much easier. I had the baby in 4 hours and I felt like I could have gotten up and gone home. You will do great. Post pictures as so as he comes!
I am so excited for you! I will pray for you and I know it will go okay. Definitely post pics as soon as you can, I know you will be a little busy :)
I feel you with the blonde hair dilemma. Mine has also been darker with every child. It is such a expensive up-keep. Good luck with the delivery. Generally it seem people seem to have better,faster labors with every child, that was my case. Hopefully you will too.
Happy Baby having! That is so exciting, and slightly weird that you will have two now! I guess I will have to catch up (eventually . . .) That is good that Mav is doing so well with the big boy bed. And don't feel bad - George is still going strong in the crib, and probably will for a little while longer! Congrats and good lick with everything!
Good luck with everything. I am excited to see you new little one. Have chosen a name yet?
You're going to do great! So I have had the same problem with my blonde hair. :( I hate it because I feel so much better blonde but, I get a high-light with my low-light and it grows out much better. I only get it done twice a year because summer helps out a lot! Anyway, good luck with the bundle, oh how I love babies!
Brittany! This is Kim Bradshaw (Weber) now. I found your blog when I was looking at Meghan's and then saw aubrey's and there you were. I am so happy you have a blog and we can keep in some touch. How are you?? You look so cute pregnant and your little guy is adorable. I hope you are doing well. Mike and I are living in Kansas right now while he attends graduate school at Kansas State. We have about 1 1/2 left. No kids yet, but hopefully sometime soon. My blog is private so send me your e-mail to kim_weber07@hotmail.com and I can invite you on. Hope to hear from you soon!
Best of luck....we can't wait to see pictures of the new little one!
I think women have that nesting instinct right before because somehow our body knows that nothing is going to get done for a while after! lol As for the hair thing, try weaving a little brown in it. Thats what I have to do too and you won't notice the regrowth so much. It's nice for the winter too, you can go a little darker. Your little guy is a cutie, good job!!
Hey- I love reading your blog, it makes me laugh because I relate oh so well. Hope it's ok if I check in on you every once in a while? Your new little one is so sweet...don't most babies look like they have big hands because they're so skinny and bony anyway? mine always did . You look great!
Post a Comment