Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkins to Jack-o-lanterns

(Not quite sure why, but theses pics went onto the post backwards... Oh well!)
Last week on Thursday we took Mav to the Pumpkin Walk. He seemed to REALLY enjoy seeing all the different jack-o-lanterns, and it was great that they gave you a bag for candy to receive a long the way. Mav thought that was WAY cool. But the greatest part of all was that it was FREE. Oh, how we love fun, free, family activities! We even splurged after all was said and done and paid $1 for us each to get a cup of yummy hot chocolate. 2 cups for a dollar, now that is do-able.
Above: Mom and Mav by tons-o pumpkins. Very Cool!
Below: Maverick at the beginning of the "walk". He is obviously SO excited!
And for FHE last night we went to "the pumpkin patch" at Smith's. (Not my idea of a great place to pick out the most perfect pumpkins in the world, but it got the job done.) Maverick loved being able to pick HIS pumpkin. He picked one that had green on it and called it his "witch pumpkin". We also picked up some bread bowls while we were there, then went home and ate some REALLY yummy broccoli cheese chowder I had made earlier during Mav's nap. And with the bread bowls it really was so de-lish - if I don't say so myself...
Then we cleaned out and carved our pumpkins. Mav was fascinated by the "guts" we were pulling out, but he of course wouldn't go near them.... Maybe next year. It was a fun night!

Above: The finished product.
Below: Mav with our uncarved pumpkins on our porch. CUTE!

8 comments:

ashycam said...

I have yet to carve our pumpkins but hopefully here in the next couple days we will be able to get them done, and then afterwards we are going to make some pumpkin pie.

Kari said...

Looks like a lot fun. I can't believe how grown up he looks in that last picture. Just wait till the new one is born. I've been told from others that as soon as you compare the older one to the new baby it seems like the speed grew overnight.

Anna said...

Hey Brittany! Cute pumpkins! And you look great! I can't believe you're so close to baby number 2! That is exciting. I hope everything goes well. Oh, and I just wanted to let you know that I got a call and a voice message from Maverick the other day. It made me laugh. I guess it's just really easy to accidentally call people whose names start with "A." It happens to me a lot. :0)

just dandee said...

Ahhh, the joys of Harvest Time! I am glad you guys are soaking up the season! You captured some great pictures.

Shaun - Jillian said...

It looks like you guys had a really fun time! I have seen so many people that have gone to the pumpkin walk. We may have to check that out next year! Mav is getting so big. He is looking older all of the time. Good luck with the new little one - you are getting close!

Mariel said...

I've never done that pumpkin walk. Looks fun. I love Halloween activities!

Wray Family said...

You have the cutest family! and Brit you look awesome! Please let us know when you have the little guy and if we can do anything to help =)

Terri said...

Brit you are just darling. What a cute prego woman you are. I just never looked that cute towards the end. I love all your pictures and posts. Mav is really growing up and I love dino. I wished my kids had something that they just loved and dragged around. I am glad to see you are doing well. Keep warm, healthy and well rested for in a couple of weeks your sweet one will arive. I am so excited for you both. Sure love you guys.