Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Finally catching-up!!!

Hooray!!!! This week I finally found the Internet in our new house! We are too cheap to pay for it ourselves, so I am so happy to the person that has not secured theirs so that I can benefit! (Is that really legal? Don't tell me if it isn't cause then I will feel too guilty for using it...) Some big things have happened in our "Internet blackness", So first I must catch up...

Our baby turned 2 in August I can't believe how fast these 2 years have gone by. Especially from 1 to 2 seemed to fly by! He Is so fun and we can't imagine our life without him. He is a sweetheart and a pretty obedient kid... most of the time. I can tell he is a bit more feisty since he turned 2, but he is still a pretty good boy, and we can only hope that throwing a baby brother into the mix here in a few weeks won't throw him too bad.
For his actual birthDAY my sister Tara and her kids came and swam in our pool with us. Mav loved it! And it was fun to have the company. Below is a picture of Mav and Tressa swimming
Later he took a 3 hour nap so I was able to get his cakes done. He is big into "Dino Track-etors" (backhoes) So that's what his cakes were. It was way more time consuming than I wanted it to be to make them, but they turned out pretty good in the end. Mav thought they were awesome, and that is all that matters - right?
So this is him blowing out his two candles at his party. He did it all by himself!
Here he is with his cousins eating the cake. Mav was lovin' all the attention!
L-R: Tyler, Aurora, Mav, Tyson, and Tracen in front.

Happy 2nd Birthday Maverick!!!

Our Ward Camp-out
We went to our ward camp-out in August too. And we felt like awful parents, because Maverick loved every minute of it, and it was the 1st and only camp-out we made it on this summer. How sad is that!?! We promised to be better campers next year...

Our 4 Year Wedding Anniversary
Also in August we celebrated 4 years of marital bliss... It was my turn to plan this one, but with a baby in my belly it's a bit tricky to do anything too fun and exciting. All the same we had a wonderful day! We dropped Mav off at grandmas house in the morning Then Brian and I went down to "Doug and Emmy's" for breakfast before jumping on the FrontRunner train for the 1st time to go into the SLC temple to do a session. It was awesome!!!
Then we got back on Trax and the FrontRunner, went and picked up Mav and took him to my parents house, so we could go out to dinner. We went to Chili's. YUM! Then went to the good old Kaysville Theater to see "Iron Man". We really liked the show, but were amazed at the fact that there were more children than adults in the theater. That just bothers me at a PG-13 Movie. Oh well. That is another story.
It was a great celebration of our wedding day!!!
So in honor of 4 wonderful years with 1 wonderful man
I am going to list 4 things I love about being married to Brian...
1. He ALWAYS puts my needs above his own
2. He can talk, and talk, AND Talk with me about anything really, and never get sick of it
3. He is an excellent daddy, and helps me out so much with Maverick.
4. He is the most patient person alive. Which really helps being married to me...
I love you Brian!

The Latest...
******We celebrated my 25th birthday with my high school friends up at the Stratford cabin. It was way fun! Although I have been having a bit of a problem with turning 25. I just don't feel like I should be, or want to be this old, but here I am... We also celebrated it with the Stratford side at a Dan and Deanne's house. Way fun! My parents were in London, so i didn't even get so much as a phone call from them, so now I know how missionaries feel on their birthdays. Thanks for all the comments on the last post that Brian made. It was fun to see what you all had to say!
******We have loved our new place. It is little compared to others, but huge for us, and so fun to feel like we own it. And to know that we aren't in over our heads. Mav loves it! And calls it "Mav's house". It has been fun to watch him show it off to any visitors that have come.
******Baby Boy #2 is comin' right along. I swear my belly gets bigger every day... And He moves like crazy! so much that it keeps me awake at night, and people just sitting next to me can see my belly moving. Weird! We are so excited to get him here in about 6 1/2 weeks. Maverick loves to give him kisses and talk about his little brother. (he has no idea what is really happening here) Like I said, I hope he adjusts well to having a new baby in his world. My doctor said if all goes to plan, he will probably start me on Sunday, the 16th of November. Unless I have him before that on my own.... Exciting!!!!
Well, hopefully I can keep this updated now. I have missed it. Thanks for reading!!!!

6 comments:

Matt and Jade said...

I am so excited for you to have your new little guy. I loved sitting next to you on Sunday, seeing him move around. You all did an great job speaking in sacrament.

The Steele family said...

So many fun things so here it is happy birthday to you and maverick and happy anniversary 4 years that is so great.

Shannon said...

Welcome back Stratfords! We're excited that you've made it out of internet blackness :).
It looks like good things have been happening in your world; thanks for the update.
Love,
The Boohers

ashycam said...

Hey Britt,
I am so glad you were able to update your blog. It is so fun to read about you and your sweet little family. I have a blog, if you are interested send me your email and i will send you an invitation. Happy Birthday, and 4th anniversary. We just celebrated our 5th on Sat. Time flies so fast. Love ya.

"All you need is love" said...

I just randomly decided to link to your blog, knowing you had no internet. Well, I guess it was good timing.

Kari said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you have internet again. I love the cakes for Mav. You did a much better job than my attempt at a car transporter cake for Will this year. I need to practice before next year because I'm sure it will be another vehicle.