Sunday, October 19, 2008

4 weeks from today....

(Picture taken on Friday, Oct. 17)
That's right friends. The Doc says that if I haven't had this little boy by November 16th he will start me. So in exactly 4 weeks from today I will most likely be sitting in a hospital bed with a brand new baby to love. Yeah!!! And also a bit odd. I keep asking myself if I am ready to be a mother of 2 little boys, but ready or not ... he could be here any day I guess. Overall I am mostly just really excited to see him. And I just want him to be healthy and strong, and for everything to go well with the labor, and delivery, and all.
As for an update on how it is going... I am huge. I am about 5 pounds away from what I was on delivery day with Maverick. Yikes! But it is just always my goal to not get to where I weigh more than Brian, and as of today, with all the "sympathy weight" he has gained (thanks sweety) I have about 20 pounds more I could gain and still not pass him up. so we should be good! hooray! But my booty is definitely way too large, and my back is really feeling the extra poundage from every where else. Also I tend to get nauseated these days when my pants are too tight. Has this happened to anyone else? I feel like all I can wear without wanting to lose my lunch are sweats. And that IS NOT attractive. Oh well.
The baby seems to be doing great. He still moves so much, but I think he is getting a bit cramped for space, so he doesn't seem able to move as much as he once did. Thank goodness! I have convinced myself that he is going to have lots of hair when he is born due to the old wives tail that if you have really bad heart-burn your baby has a lot of hair... we'll see how that pans out. I picture him with redish -blonde hair and light sky blue eyes. Only time will tell. We are just excited that the countdown has truly begun now.

5 comments:

The Dahls said...

You look so cute! And it's way fun being a mom of two. Hey, I need your number, I have a question for you. My email is em678@hotmail.com, thanks!

Generational stitcher said...

I get nauseated when my pants are too tight when I am pregnant too. It's so not fun! As for the weight, good luck! I put on more with each 2 and then 3 and then with #4 I didn't even put on as much as I had with #1 and with #5 I was back to about the same as #1. It is a necessary evil. Hang in there! We are so excited for you!

I am not sure if I got you invited to my blog when we closed it so if I didn't email me! Heatherswakefield at gmail

The Steele family said...

I can't believe you only have 4 weeks left that is so great I wish I was that far along I still have 3 1/2 months left

JoDee said...

Brittany you look way too cute - despite you saying you are "huge" you look great! I think I'm as big as you are and I've still got 10 weeks to go. We are expecting a little boy as well and I can relate to all the anticipations of finally getting to meet the addition. Congrats on being so close!

Hey can I get a recipe from you guys? I think Janelle called them "Stratford Squares"? I tried (and failed miserably) to make some krispie-type treats today and it made me think of them - they are chewy and yummy and have chocolate on top ... that's about as much as I remember! :) I would appreciate it so so much!

just dandee said...

Ahh Britt you are beautiful! What a great picture.
I also feel nauseated when my pants are too tight. I don't even have to be pregnant! Love you Britt!