I have been thinking A LOT lately about trials. The Lord taught us in Alma: "I would that ye should remember, that as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day." And in D&C speaking about trials we learn: "that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good."
I follow faithfully Paul Cardall's blog that you can find here: www.mytricuspidatresia.blogspot.com . I love his incredible piano music, so months ago when I found his blog, I was curious. After crying my eyes out while I read about his life with a heart defect and learning that he is on the waiting list for a heart transplant, I have been so anxious for him to get it. As of today, he has been waiting 323 days for that phone call to say a heart is available. That is a LONG time. As some of you may know, he has a brother that was recently tased by police, that in turn caused him to go into cardiac arrest. He died at the scene. Paul recently wrote: "A vital principle I've learned during this process is best said by Dr. Edward Erwin, First Baptist Church of Kentucky, who preached, "Stop waiting for life to come tomorrow, begin living today. Don’t miss what’s NOW because you are looking for what’s NEXT!" His statement is brilliant. Don't live life looking to the future for happiness. Rather, live today! Celebrate everything you have. Celebrate your family and friends. Material things are worthless. How you treat your family is priceless. Did you think to pray? Did you make someone smile? Did you say, "I love you." " It can not be anywhere near easy to be a positive thinker where he is at in his life. but he chooses to be. He is "Living for Eden" (his daughter) and the rest of his family . He is determined to make it! But he also understands that we don't always get to make that choice. Thank goodness for our knowledge of Eternal life. We can be together forever with those we love. INSPIRING.
As I have read Paul's blog I have become quite the advocate for organ donation. Once we go, we don't need those organs anymore to sustain life, but someone else is waiting everyday for them. Recently though, my sister-in-law had a 16 month old niece tragically hit by a backing up vehicle. She was life flighted to Primary Children's where they informed her mother that her precious Libertee wasn't going to make it. They then went into all the talk of donating her organs. sensory over load.... Now not only is her sweet daughter gone, but they want to cut her baby open and take all her vital organs. It was too much for her. She chose not to donate anything. What would I do in a situation like that? It is one thing to have MY organs donated. I am all for it. But if it was one of my precious babies... I can understand feeling a little differently. How tragic. It is my biggest fear: losing someone close to me. Even with all I know about eternity, I just don't think I could handle it. In a slide show video they created for Libertee there was a quote that stood out to me: "An angel in the book of life wrote down our baby's birth, and whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth." Now I don't really believe it happens that way, but I do know the Lord has a plan. All things happen for a reason. No matter how hard the trial. He has a special place for Libee im sure. My thoughts and prayers have been with Libertee's mother Angie.
We just never know. The balance between life and death is fragile. I am so grateful everyday for my boys. Even though Mav is definitely showing us he has his own 2 year old ideas on life, and we have been upset with him more than ever before lately... I am just glad he is here! I would much rather feel bothered by his choices, than to not have him here with me. I don't want to think of what that would feel like.
And last but not least, my brother-in-law Shane was playing soccer on Tuesday night with Brian. It was the one game I have missed this whole season. Shane went up for a header and another player collided with him. Causing 3 large fractures to the bone around his eye, and bleeding and bruising to his brain. He went into a seizure, then was life flighted to McKay. He is doing really well (considering) and is already home. But can't do much of anything for the next 3 weeks. VERY SCARY. What would have happened if things had been worse? What would I have done if that had been Bri? Kenzie (Shane's wife) handled the whole situation so well. I just don't know what I would do. And I quess you don't know until it is slapping you in the face. Once again. Life is sooo fragile. We just never know. So, like that quote from Paul Cardall, Live life today! because we just never know. Hold our babies a little closer, kiss our husbands more often. Don't stress about the insignificant. Trust in the Lord. Say I love you to everyone that you do. Let the house get dirty while you play with your kids. Prioritize what is really important. Because with all my thoughts about trials, one thing I know is that they will come. That is inevitable. So just be happy, and live in the now. Tomorrow will come, and we will have to face what comes, but make the most of today!!!
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Thursday Thoughts and things...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Thanks. That was such a sweet post! You are right. Live Life Today. I have experienced that feeling several times when Jackson was in the hospital. Thank you for the reminder!!
Great post! I've been thinking about trails a lot lately too. I'm sure you would be just as put together as Kenzie was. I love this family because of how supportive you all are!
You spoke to my heart!!! I agree fully, what a beautiful post Brit. In fact I was reading to my sister Tami and we just oooed and awwweed. Sure love you all and will be praying for Shane. Iam so glad that Brian was there for Shane and that he is a worthy priesthood holder. The priesthood is such a wonderful powerful blessing. Again Love you!!!
I needed to hear that. Thanks for all you said. We are all so blessed!
Thank you for bringing truth and light into all of our lives. Remember that "God will Test All Of Us Perfectly"
I can't believe that my Mav could do anything wrong. You must be mistaken! [jk, I'm just a grandpa....}
Thank You Britt. I too have been thinking a lot about trials. In fact I have been feeling like my next big trial is on the horizon for some reason and I do hope I am prepared for whatever it is.
Thank You for the reminder to "hold our babies a little closer, kiss our husband more often" ... and to not "stress about the insignificant".
I love you Britt.
Such a beautiful post. It is so good to be reminded that in all things, the Lord knows us, is aware of our needs, and blesses us beyond reason and comprehension, even--no especially--during adversity.
Thank you for your thoughts!
shan
www.somuchhappyness.blogspot.com
Post a Comment