Friday, July 3, 2009

Let Freedom Ring!

(me and Mav 2007)
The 4th of July is probably my FAVORITE holiday! (it ranks right up there with my birthday.) It truly makes me happy just thinking about Independence day. Especially in the dead cold of winter.. .pull out the July picture file and search through to the 4th... Ahhhh! All better. You can't beat it.
You got FIREWORKS! and Family...
(family fireworks 2007)
On the 3rd we sleep-out under the stars. This is a newer tradition, but I must say, it adds to the fun of it all! And how could you not love waking up to this cute mug?...

(Grandpa Keith, Mav, and Daddy 2007)
Then of course, you have the parade! You proudly stand with hand over your heart as the nations flag is marched past you, and emotion wells up... GOOD STUFF! Then you get blasted out by the sirens of our police force. (this part was more fun without my children, but they will grow to love it just like their mommy;-) I'm all for the small town feel, with lots of candy thrown and yelling out to the people you recognize that go by, and the war veterans that go by in the army trucks. That always pulls at my heart strings. And you gotta love all the kids in their red, white, and blue!... (Alexa, Mav, Charlie, and Kenna waiting for the parade 2008)
I also love the HEAT! AAaahhhh Summer!

My oldest brothers birthday is on the 4th, so we even get do a birthday party mid-day, and have some cake, with my dad's ever delicious homemade ice cream. YUM! YUM! After the feast, and party, and some sort of water activity, then it is off to the BIG fireworks downtown. Set to patriotic music, and all. Nothing beats chillaxen on the ground next to those you love singing a long, at the top of your lungs with "I'm Proud to be an American" watching the sky get painted brilliant colors. I have to admit I have shed a tear or two while watching the fireworks...
(Mav and me 2008)
I LOVE IT!!!!! I AM proud to be an American. I love the freedoms we enjoy. Regardless of who is leading it.... This is a great country! THANKS to those who are, or have fought to keep us FREE. Happy Independence Day ALL!!!
I hope yours is as good as mine...If not, you are missing out;)

No comments: