Happy Birthday to me... I must admit I have ALWAYS loved, Loved, LOVED my birthday. Good times with friends and family, it usually involves good food, lots of attention and being spoiled rotten. AND Mine falls in September, the most beautiful month of the year, in my opinion. You have football games, the leaves starting to change colors, the days and evenings get cooler, you get to sleep with the windows open to let the cool breeze come in while the sound of crickets outside lulls you to sleep. Aaahh. Love September!
All this said however... Ever since the big 25 I have been experiencing some lack of enthusiasm where my birthday is concerned. Something about getting older isn't as appealing as it once was, when birthdays led to SUPER exciting events like --- turning 5 and getting to go to kindergarten, turning 8 and getting baptised, turning 12 and getting my ears pierced and getting to go to Young Womans, turning 16 and getting to date and drive, etc. etc... Now birthdays = me contemplating what I have or haven't accomplished in my life. Which doesn't always = Fun! But Alas, Brian always seems to make them wonderful for me.
On my birthday Brian came home early and took me and the boys to Wendy's for lunch. The boys Obviously thought it was about the coolest thing ever!!!
Then we all went to Boondocks. The boys played Rollerball which is like miniature bowling. They LOVED every second of it. Slater threw multiple balls down at a time... not sure that is legal, but he had fun doing it
Then we all played some games. The boys rode the carousel.
And the lizards catching flies game.
And Mav hooped it up.
And to finish off the afternoon Brian WON THE JACKPOT on Jumpin Jackpot. It is one of my favorites to play, but with my much expanded belly I couldn't do this one, so Brian figured he would win it for me. Isn't he amazing!?!?
We then took the boys to Grandma Jan's and Brian took me out to eat and to a movie. It was a great time!!! And a great birthday.

4 comments:
Thanks for sharing. Its funny about the love language thing. We have the same problem here. :) Happy birthday!!
wow. I didn't know your hair was that long! I guess it's been too long since I've seen you, once again. I love it short, it looks so cute! chad's the same way, loves my hair long, but that gets old, doesn't it? I guess I know what to look for next week when I turn 27! :)
Happy birthday again! Your post inspired me to take my lazy bum away from the computer to go play with my kids. Thanks for the inspiration! Also, cute hair! I realized after you left Thursday night that it was different than when I last saw you. The truth is your hair grows so fast and you change the style so often I can't keep up! I'm jealous.
Happy Birthday! And also I do think of those times as well when we had sleepovers on my tramp and flirted with the boys over the fence. When I was home a couple of weeks ago to bless Molly, I went over to the Arquette's house to see Cindy. I was telling her about how I hadn't seen TC in so long and it did make me think of all the good times we all had. You me and Meg had some very funny times together. Wish we could have stayed in better touch over the years, but glad we've reconnected. You have such a beautiful family! I was blessed to have had you as a best friend during those elementary and Jr. High years.
Post a Comment