There is something wonderful about October: The beautiful change of season. The brilliant colors on the trees. The crunchy leaves on the ground. The smells of baking pumpkin yummies. The laughter of children jumping into piles of leaves, or putting on their Halloween costume for the 1st time.
I love it when it is here and long for it when it is gone. Fall is for sure my favorite season. I have even found that I want to decorate my house in fall colors all year round. They make me feel cozy and long for time with family... and eating yummy food. Ahhh. Thank You Heavenly Father for giving me Autumn.
Here are some pics of our October Fun:
Rhett decided he REALLY wanted to join his big Brothers in the bath tub. Yes, He threw himself in there fully clothed. Luckily Mav was quick to make sure he got upright in the water. Silly boy!
This picture just shows our little pumpkins, but we were able to harvest 3 big pumpkins and 8 little decorative pumpkins from our garden. It is always fun to watch things grow and watch the boys be excited all summer long watching their pumpkins get bigger and bigger.L-R: Witch, Gram, Tressa, and Mav. Mav loves seeing the witches every year. He thinks they are so funny!
Tara and I took our kids to the cabin for a couple days while Brian was Deer hunting. Mav and Slater love that place. They had so much fun on the tire swing. I am so grateful that they play so well together and are such good friends.
Rhett wasn't thrilled with this idea, but While we were at the cabin I thought it would be fun to get a picture of all three boys laying in the fall leaves. This was the best one I got. Mav and Slater are happy;)
Slater with Grandma Jan
Mav's preschool did a Halloween program. It was very cute. Mav cracks me up! He has to get every word and action in, and he doesn't care if he is a bit behind in order to do that. He is quite the little singer though.
Tara and I took our kids to the cabin for a couple days while Brian was Deer hunting. Mav and Slater love that place. They had so much fun on the tire swing. I am so grateful that they play so well together and are such good friends.
Rhett wasn't thrilled with this idea, but While we were at the cabin I thought it would be fun to get a picture of all three boys laying in the fall leaves. This was the best one I got. Mav and Slater are happy;)L-R: (top row) Tate, Tracen, Trev, Tyler, Rhett, Madi, Nate,
(front row) Slater, Kevin, and Mav
Slater with Grandma Jan
Mav's preschool did a Halloween program. It was very cute. Mav cracks me up! He has to get every word and action in, and he doesn't care if he is a bit behind in order to do that. He is quite the little singer though.L-R: Rhett, Slater, Mav, Faith, Aliza
For several years we have driven out to the pumpkin walk and it has been really fun. We went again this year, but it wasn't as fun. They didn't give out any Candy, and they had it arranged a lot different, so it was hard to know if you really saw all the pumpkins. But we still had a good time! Mav thought there were lots of cool ideas for how to carve his pumpkin.
We didn't get to carving our pumpkins until Halloween day, which I was sad about at first, but in the end I thought it was the perfect thing. Mav designed his himself. They all turned out great!
For several years we have driven out to the pumpkin walk and it has been really fun. We went again this year, but it wasn't as fun. They didn't give out any Candy, and they had it arranged a lot different, so it was hard to know if you really saw all the pumpkins. But we still had a good time! Mav thought there were lots of cool ideas for how to carve his pumpkin.
We didn't get to carving our pumpkins until Halloween day, which I was sad about at first, but in the end I thought it was the perfect thing. Mav designed his himself. They all turned out great!







No comments:
Post a Comment