In nursery Slater was asked what he is thankful for. They wrote down his answers on each of these feathers and stuck them on this cute turkey headband thing. His answers were: Mom and Dad. Daddy. My family. And the Cabin.
Well, All of those things were combined this year for our Thanksgiving. He got me and Daddy, his family, and we got to celebrate it at the Cabin with Bri's family. Thanksgiving is always a good time to reflect on what we are most grateful for. Here are a few things I have been thinking about.
I am Thankful for:
-My knowledge of the plan of salvation, and that I can be with my family forever.
-For Brian's job. At this time last year we were struggling with the employment situation. I am so thankful that for now things are stable and Bri seems happy where he is.
-That we enjoy good health. That aside from colds and allergies we are blessed with very good health.
-Being a mom. it is the best job in the world!
-A very Faithful and patient husband.
-A wonderful calling that helps me see the world from all angles.
-The beauties of the earth, and that even though there is lots of crap around us with technology, etc. God has given us beautiful natural reminders of his love for each of us.
Of coarse there are more things, but today and lately these are the things that stand out.
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Thankful
Life is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're almost caught up! Keep going! I'm enjoying the flood of Stratford posts. :) I always love your positive outlook on life. It always makes me think again about how I really do have it pretty good too. Thanks!
Post a Comment