Monday, November 19, 2007

Chocolate...

So, last Friday I let Maverick eat all the chocolate he could handle....That consisted of a kit-kat bar and a resses peanut butter cup, and I have no doubt that he would have just kept eating had I not finished his haircut just then.

I would like to add that I think the kid-eating-candy-while-getting-a-haircut idea is a pretty good one, in that Maverick held still the entire time and didn't even seem to notice the loud buzzing in his ear, but man-o-man, It sure was messy!!
(P.S. He does have other pajamas. It just seems like he is always in his "jailbird" jammies when I decide to pull out the camera)

After the haircut was complete and the last crum of chocolate devoured I stripped Mav down to the diaper and he bee-lined to the bathroom for he has learned that after the mess comes the bath, and that is his favorite part! He had almost launched himself over the side of the tub before I had even gotten there.


You can't have a bath without bubbles! But soon those bubbles were chocolate flavored. I could not believe all the places he had caked that chocolate...in his hair, in his ears, in his nose and on his eyelashes. It seemed to keep appearing! But soon enough our little Mav-man was all sparkely clean again with a handsome new haircut to go with it. (It really is a good hair cut if I don't say so myself:>)

The only downside to this whole adventure was that the Chocolate was just too much for the little Bugsie...No nap for him that day! He was wired. And I have taken a mental note to go back to the "Dumb Dumb" for haircut time instead of giving him chocolate!!!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Chocolate is a good idea. I'm not brave enough to cut Will's hair by myself, so we paid to get it done. The only way we could get Will to sit still was letting him spray Pat in the face with one of the lady's spray bottles. Pat got pretty wet, but he ended up with a pretty good haircut out of it so I was happy.

Our Family said...

Oh jeez...that's adorable! Maybe if I give Adam chocolate he'll sit still while I cut his hair...actually maybe if he gave me chocolate then I'd actually cut his hair.