Friday, November 2, 2007

A little about us to start...

Okay, so to the left here you see our little family at Zion National Park - this photo was taken earlier this spring before Maverick could walk or cause too much trouble.:> And to the right you see a photo of us on our wonderful, beautiful wedding day! (our song was "The Luckiest") We knew we were happy then and that our life together was going to be so much fun, but we have both come to the conclusion that life just keeps getting happier with each day we have been blessed with Maverick. It's amazing to watch Mav grow and be his own little person. To quote Brian recently, "look, our little creation is walking!" What a fun science project he is! Haha. We love him so much. And yes, Bri and I are still happy and very much in love too.
On to the less mushy stuff - Brian is in his senior year (finally) and he will graduate with a bachelors in Communication PR and minor in Japanese in May. Yeah!!! He just finished an internship at McKay Dee hospital all while working 30+ hour weeks at the Bank. Wow what a guy! He does so much for us. All while I get to stay home and play with Maverick. Motherhood is wonderful. Just the other night actually I had a moment --- I was standing in the kitchen making dinner while Brian entertained Mav in the living room, and I thought to myself "this is the kind of moment I always imagined when I was younger about the "perfect" family I would someday have" I got a bit teary eyed, then Maverick was soon yelling about something or other again and reality hit - okay, so we are just striving toward perfrction one small perfect moment at a time.
Maverick is our 14 month old power house. He goes pretty much everywhere now at almost a run. He loves stuffed animals, food, his 15 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period, being outside, ducks ("duck" is his best word, he calls everything that resembles a duck a "duck" ie: birds, chickens, small dogs..) He loves reading books, he is terrible at church, if he hears any kind of music he dances. etc. etc.... we could go on and on, but then what would you read in future posts? so we'll leave it at that for now.
That's us in a nut shell... Yes, we call Mav "Bugsie-Wuggs" - not quite sure why...






No comments: