Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Thoughts...

This past Sunday my Stratford parents gave a FHE lesson on being happy with where you are at in your life right now, and not wasting this time talking about, thinking about, or always looking forward to the happy "someday" that's gotta' be out there!

What a great thing to remember! I have so much to be grateful for right now, and I just thought that I would take this Thanksgiving time to express some of those things.

First of all, I am so grateful for Brian. He puts up with a lot and goes WAY beyond the call of duty all the time. He is such a great example to me of true love, service, sacrifice and of someone who is really "trying to be like Jesus". I am so lucky to have him!

I am so grateful for Maverick. He is going through this terrible yelling phase right now that has me on my last nerve... but how can you not love the kid!?! He is so funny and adorable and getting smarter every second. I am so grateful that I get to be his mom. He has already taught me so much about myself.

I am grateful for family. I have amazing parents that have taught me, and are still teaching me so much. Maverick has awesome Grandparents that literally eat him up every time they see him....I swear no one else gets THAT many kisses! I am also Greatful for my Grandparents. Bri and I are so glad that we are still able to learn great amounts of wisdom from our 7 living grandparents. My siblings are fantastic. I am so grateful for wonderful examples and fun personalities that put up with my bossy ways and my snide remarks about almost everything. I think all my brother-in-laws get the worst of it. Thanks for putting up with me.

I am grateful for good friends, old and new... who would I be with out you? Thanks for listening to me when I need an ear to vent to, and guiding me to make wise decisions. I love to laugh, so I am so glad to have friends that I can laugh with...and sometimes cry with too. And thank you also for trusting me enough to confide in me your deepest thoughts and feelings. That is a true friendship...when both parties have poured their guts out on the table with eachother - both good and bad things, and you are still friends. Thanks.

I am grateful for beautiful things - nature, music, art, etc. And I love getting to share beautiful things like that with my little family.

Well, okay - you all know that I could go on and on, but I will stop there. It's time to spend some time with my sweet husband watching a movie...enjoing the now. I AM grateful for where I am in my life right now. It's hard. But wonderful. Someday more money will be nice, but living on love isn't so bad either!

Happy Thanksgiving!

PS - We had a great Thanksgiving. We spent it with the Stratfords. Good food, Good company, and we also watched a good movie entitled "The Ultimate Gift". We finished off the day with the beloved "tree lighting ceremony" at Mom and Dad Slater's. It was a fun day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - look at me commenting on your blog. Wow! It's very cute. I like all of the pictures. Thanks for the Christmas music. I was a little sad it turned off so that I could make this comment. (can you do something about that?) heehee. You three are cute.

Tara Z

Mariel said...

I love that picture of you guys. Such a model family! Cute blog too!