Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Just 2 more days until Wicked! Hooray!!!

I was first introduced to this musical by my best friend Aubrey in 2003 when she wanted us to lip-sing one of the duets at a "get to know you" party in college. I of course would have been the "dumb blonde", Glinda, and she the mysterious, rebellious, beautiful Elphaba. It would have been fun, but we never got to do it, because I got engaged just before we were going to be roommates. Darn.

Later, in 2005 while Bri and I were living in Provo Jake gave us the soundtrack. We listened to it over, and over, and OVER the whole way to Bear Lake, for a family reunion. It was awesome! Ever since then we have LOVED the music and had dreamed of being able to see the show. Well, HERE WE GO! We got a screamin' deal on our tickets almost a year ago, and FINALLY the time has come! I'm so excited!

PS. Poor Tara is being kind enough to watch our 5 month old little dude who refuses bottles, Binky's, and anyone different than mommy. PLEASE join us in praying he doesn't cry for her the whole time I am gone...

5 comments:

JoDee said...

Ooh enjoy! I have heard soooo much about this show and love the music. I'm hoping to take a jaunt down to NYC this summer to see it. Have fun!!

Mike and Kim said...

How exciting! I've always wanted to see that. I heard it was great. Have fun!

Carrera said...

Don't you LOVE it??? I saw it in L.A. last year after being obsessed with the soundtrack for 2 years!! We are going at the end of the month and I am SO excited!!! I know you will LOVE it!!!

Our Family said...

HAVE FUN! YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE IT! I'm so jealous...but I guess I have seen in twice in NYC so I kinda can't complain and I should just feel happy and not envious when someone else gets to enjoy it. PS- I still wish we could have done the song for the college talent show. It would have been a hit :)

Anonymous said...

Slater baby did Great!

Tara