Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Today...

Aside from being constantly sick and not getting much sleep, we are still plenty busy. Here is what today has looked like so far...

I woke Brian up at his usual 5:00 "start the day" time. He took off to the local club on his bike, in 5 new inches of snow. What a man! While he was gone I busied myself preparing for the day. Scrubbed both bathrooms, the kitchen floor, put the dishes away that were in the dishwasher, prepared a delicious, healthy breakfast. (I am REALLY into that lately.) Checked KSL for the latest local news and weather, then Bri got home and we sat down and ate while he told me about breaking his own personal record... He swam 140 laps in under 40 minutes! Congrats Bri. That is pretty good if you ask me.

I woke Mav up at 6:30 so he could get started on his piano practice. We have come to the conclusion that we are letting him waste his genius by allowing him to sleep until 9:00 everyday, so now during those extra hours in the morning we have busied him with piano, flute, and trumpet practice, not to mention that he is now getting VERY good at tap dancing. I am so proud of him! Oprah called last week wanting him to be on her show, but I'm just not sure I am ready to do that to him yet. All in good time.

Slater woke-up around 7:00 and I got him started on his word pronunciation flashcards. He is already saying such words as Mommy, Daddy, Maverick, counter top, aluminum and linoleum. I have been trying to focus his attention on sentence structure, but he is struggling a bit with that. Maybe next week.

By 7:30 we pulled out the scriptures and Mav read Isaiah to us. He is really starting to grasp those concepts so well. It is true that "we shall be taught by the youth of the church." Their little spirits are just full of so much truth and knowledge!

At 7:50 Brian was back on the bike and headed to work. He really is loving his new job, and they have already been so impressed with his work that they came to him yesterday wanting to give him a 50 % raise! But you know Brian, always humble... He said he could only except a 25% raise for now. He still feels he needs to prove himself a bit more. So a 25% raise will have to do for now.

Mav, Slater, and I spent the remainder of the morning until nap time reading books, oil painting, counting to 100 in Japanese, French, and Portuguese, making 8 grain bread, and talking about star formations. I love being a mommy!

Bri rode home for lunch, so I took off on my afternoon 10 mile jog. I'm busy training for that marathon I keep wanting to do. This time I'm REALLY gonna do it! 20 minutes later when I returned, we ate some delicious turkey sandwiches on our healthy, newly made bread. Then Maverick serenaded us with Beethoven's 5th symphony, which lulled little Slater right to sleep. Sweet boy! Then Mav gleefully marched himself up to his bed, where he is still soundly sleeping. Bri rode back to work, and I am indulging myself in the seldom occurring "blog time" I am usually too busy reading the classics to trifle with such things, or taking a nap myself, because with baby number 3 on it's way I am just SOOO tired! Yes, that's right, I just broke the news to Brian today, so I figured I could tell the rest of the world too. 3 kids under 3 years old craziness here we come...

Well, There is just a glimpse into our little world. I hope you are having a great April Fool's day too!

14 comments:

Steph said...

Haha! At first I was like, wow!! 5:00AM, I am SLACKING! Gotta love April Fools jokes :)

Wray Family said...

LOL that was hilarious! I wouldn't put any of that past you Brit, you are amazing!!

Shannon said...

I LOVED this; too funny. I chuckled the whole way through. You are a clever little lady, Britt. :)

Mike and Kim said...

Wow, I was believing you until about half way through.... I was thinking "Brittany is a super mom!" I still think you are but thanks for making me laugh. Happy April Fools!

baxtersrus said...

Okay, I was a little shocked that you had Mav practicing piano already, a little early don't you think? But a couple lines later I caught on! Good one, but I know you!! Ha ha, JK! And yes, the rumors are most likely true about us, but all's great!

Spencer and Anna said...

Nice. I totally fell for it at first, too. Good idea for a post!

Shane and Kenzie said...

That was hilarious Britt! You are so clever...I loved every bit of that!
...You aren't really pregnant, are you?

The Wangsgard's said...

You had me going until... the healthy breakfast part! J/K Maybe it was the Mav playing the piano. I was laughing the entire time. How cute. I'm with Kenz, you aren't really prego, are you? I bet it is TWINS!

Kristin said...

So now you should do another post and tell us all how much of that was true! That's definitely entertaining!

Carrera said...

I believed you right up to the point of the flute AND the trumpet... I believed the piano though!! :) I thought you were amazing for doing the cleaning at 5! That was awesome!

just dandee said...

I love you Britt!!!! I was totally on board until the "woke Mav up at 6:30am" part. Yeah right Britt... YOU are barely breathing at that hour yourself! Well, here is to High hopes right? No... I don't think I really want to do ANY of what you said. Glad you had a good day.

Frayer Family said...

Man your good! You had me going until you mentioned all those instruments. I had to laugh because I was sucked right into your April Fools! I read all of it just laughing!!! Great Dreams! Love you guys!
Jaimee

ashycam said...

You crack me up. I am reading this at 20 to midnight, but you did have me going there for a bit. Miss ya girl. We had some great times together.

Melanie said...

Ha ha ha! Love it!