As has been our winter tradition this year, we started off April with more sickness. GgRrrrr! If you know Mav, you know he is the type that usually only sleeps in a bed, not in his car seat, not on the floor, never in our arms, and certainly never on the couch. So I was a bit surprised to find him doing this one morning...
I knew he must REALLY be sick. So I took Slater upstairs to let Mav get his much needed rest. I put Slater on the chair in our room, so I could straighten my hair. I came back to this...
Two cute boys, asleep sitting up! I just want the sickness to be gone FOREVER please. We have had enough.After another bout of sickness, Brian surprised me by bringing these beautiful flowers home during his lunch break. I was going on ZERO hours of sleep from the night before, and we had woken up to 4 new inches of snow on the ground (and it was still coming). Not my favorite thing. But these beautiful flowers brightened me whole Day, and even lasted beautifully for about 2 weeks. Thank you so much Brian! They REALLY were just the little "pick me up" I needed.
For General Conference weekend, we invited my family up to Bri's family cabin. We had such a great time with everybody! And of course, loved conference so much. I am always SOOOO excited for it, and so spiritually filled when it is over. It lifts me up and helps me continue doing what the Lord has asked of me (being a wife and mother) with a bit more cheerfulness. It was a great weekend!
This is Slater at the cabin, chillin' in the "Bumbo" seat. Let me add that Crue (in the top left) is 4 months Slater's senior. Does that chair make Slater look fat? Or is he just really THAT chubby?
This is Slater at the cabin, chillin' in the "Bumbo" seat. Let me add that Crue (in the top left) is 4 months Slater's senior. Does that chair make Slater look fat? Or is he just really THAT chubby?
Slater getting tickles from GrandpaBelow: This is a personal favorite of Slater. He has started sitting up really well these days, and one night he sat on our bed like this for a REALLY long time and just let me take a bunch of pictures of him. In every one of them he is staring at the camera like he wants to eat it...
We walked to Brian's work, so he walked back with us. We, of course, HAD to stop by and see the beloved (by Maverick) Waterfall that is close to our house, so I snapped some pictures. Then we saw our friend Pete, and he took a family picture for us...
Don't mind my slicked back hair, and no make-up. I didn't realize I would be having a picture taken... Oh well!
Below: Maverick getting ready for the city's Easter egg hunt. Mav was pretty into the whole candy getting thing, but there were SOOO many people, and Mav is a people watcher, so he got a bit distracted telling me about all the different kids and all the eggs they were getting, instead of focusing on his own egg grabbing skills. That's okay. He still ended up with plenty, because my competitive side came out...
It has FINALLY been warm enough lately that we have been able to get out for walks. The below picture is the first day I strapped Slater-bug in the stroller all by himself (without the car seat) He liked it better, but has still been warming up to the being outside idea. His whole existence it has just been - from the house to the car, from the car to the house, etc. So being outside is a whole new adventure for him. Maverick, of course loves every second he gets to be outside, and begs to be out there. Fun boys!
We walked to Brian's work, so he walked back with us. We, of course, HAD to stop by and see the beloved (by Maverick) Waterfall that is close to our house, so I snapped some pictures. Then we saw our friend Pete, and he took a family picture for us...
Don't mind my slicked back hair, and no make-up. I didn't realize I would be having a picture taken... Oh well!
Below: Maverick getting ready for the city's Easter egg hunt. Mav was pretty into the whole candy getting thing, but there were SOOO many people, and Mav is a people watcher, so he got a bit distracted telling me about all the different kids and all the eggs they were getting, instead of focusing on his own egg grabbing skills. That's okay. He still ended up with plenty, because my competitive side came out...








7 comments:
Welcome home. It sure looks like you had a wonderful time in Colorado. I am so glad you got to visit with your sis. Great pictures! We loved having Bri over on Sunday for dinner. The boys really enjoyed some amazing wrestling matches with him.
Oh and that Slater-bug, boy is he a chunk! Love it.
Aww cute!! Those flowers really were so pretty, I love little things like that!!
What a fun month! Looks like fun! I'm glad you went and your boys were good. Wish me luck this weekend. We're off to Fish Lake... only a 4 hour drive... but still rough on the kids.
HEY! I was just checking out blogs and came upon yours- looks like you are doing great and you have a gorgeous family!! Your boys are so cute!!
Hey Brit!!! Ok so I am sooo with you. I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. Aggghhhh Let there be sunshine and good health. Your little is soooo cute. And Mav looks more like Brian everyday. WOW. And I have to say I was reading your April Fools post and didnt realize it was an April Fools post. As I was reading all I kept saying was WOW....and then when I got to the part about waking up for Mav's piano practice....I said WHAT! Read it again and again and then when it said Oprah I was like....What the heck. Reading further is when I said HAAAAAAAA. She has got to be kidding us. Seriously funny post. Love you guys...take care of yourself. Ohhh and tell Brian good job on the flowers. They are perfect.
Cute pictures! Glad you guys are doing well, besides being sick! Hope you're all better now and no more being sick this year, ya hear me?
Yay for Spring weather, warm walks outside and beautiful flowers. I hope the warmer weather takes all your sick bugs away - it is no fun at all when they come to visit.
Post a Comment