Monday, March 23, 2009

Busy March

SOOO Much has been happening.... So here you have it, the good, bad, and the adorable. Beware: This is REALLY long!!!

With my bad case of "winter time blues" I was pleased as punch when my sister-in-law told me that "The Children's Place" had there sunglasses and flip-flops sale going on at the first of March. I picked up these adorable sunglasses for my handsome boys....
I just HAD to get the "aviator" glasses for our Maverick. but we thought Slater looked pretty darn cute in them too. Okay Summer, I'm ready!!!
Our Slater Bug loves just hangin' out on his butterfly mat with the dangling toys. It is fascinating to him. And I enjoy not having to pack around my 15 pound weight. (yes, he weighs 15 pounds at 4 months old.) What a chubby sweetheart!!!
I loved coming back to my room after a potty break and finding my sweet Mav reading to his happy little brother. Precious.
Dr. Seuss's birthday was on March 3rd. So Mav was more than happy to sport my moms "cat in the hat" hat in honor of his birthday.
I love this kid.
My boys and their slippers....
What a good Daddy. Slater was sad on our walk, but when daddy got home from work and took him inside he instantly relaxed. Brian helps so much with the boys. and they love him.
I watched my brothers 3 kids for a couple days while they went on a business trip. It went great. Their kids are so good. But I am definitely not ready to be a mother of 5 yet.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BRIAN!!!! For Bri's birthday we went to a great Brazilian restaurant and ate ourselves sick. It was so yummy, and so much fun!!! It was our 1st night out alone since November. THANKS TARA!Delicious home-made-tasting ice cream. And Marcino cherries, our favorite.
What a handsome guy!
Brian went "wheelin' " with my dad and brothers and my nephew the day before his birthday. after being in my family Bri has learned a new respect for 3 wheelers... gotta love em'

Mav at Gram's cruisin' on his own wheeler. "Just like Daddy"
The presents!
Hope you had a great day Bri. I love you.
HAPPY ST. PATTY'S!
St. Patrick's day is also my niece's birthday, So we spent the day at Tressa's. Happy 2nd birthday cute girl! I am normally really into this holiday 'cause I've got some Irish in me, and I think it's fun too. but this year the Leprechaun's didn't even make it to our house... yes, I'm a slacker. There is always next year...

On the way home from Tressa's we met Bri at his parents to help load the 4-wheelers for the upcoming trip to the cabin. AND we FINALLY got Mav back on a 4-wheeler. Hooray! he has been afraid to ride them for a while now. I think it's cause they are so noisy, but he had so much fun riding it with his daddy.

Bri's Dad just had surgery done on his eye, again... poor guy. he has to wear a patch these days, so this is he and Mav being pirates.
Brothers...
Mister Happy. Doesn't seeing that smile just bring a smile to YOUR face? Nothing beats a babies smile.

A Story: I had never taken Mav to the dentist, so I decided it was definitely time. I got an appointment for March 16th. And by March 19th he was headed to the surgical center for a "teeth restoration" procedure. YIKES! I have to say it makes you feel like a really awesome mom to have the dentist tell you that your 2 year old needs a root canal, and appears to have about 8 cavities. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!! I promise that I brush my kids teeth, I limit his candy intake, I dilute his juice, He never had a Binky... GGGRRRRrr! But alas, facts are facts, Mav had some serious teeth issues, so I took him to his pediatrician on Wednesday to make sure his lungs and ears and ALL looked okay then Thursday we walked him in to get "put under". I was so nervous. Then I thought of Gracie. Gracie is an adorable angel baby who was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS). I learned about Gracie through a friend of mine, and I have spent many days reading her blog. Crying, laughing, being inspired, and praying for her and her family. You MUST read about her sweet life. And all her "heart friends". It truly is inspiring and has made me so SO Grateful for my mostly healthy babies. GRACIE'S BLOG: www.thegledhillfamily.blogspot.com So even though this tooth experience was HUGE and dramatic for me, I am so grateful it was just a teeth restoration and not a heart transplant. Below are some pics of the experience.
Waiting in the "pre-op" room for an hour...
Mav coming "out of it" with his Daddy. 5 filled cavities, a root canal, and a silver capped tooth later...He was not too thrilled... but after about a half hour, and after throwing-up he was finally able to drink some juice and keep it down so we got to take him home.All he wanted to do for the rest of the afternoon was eat. So he had lots of jello, hot cereal, applesauce, mashed potatoes, and water. It was like he was starving after having to fast for the procedure
I'm not sure why he wanted to sit on the floor to eat?...

Then, we spent the rest of the week and weekend at the cabin for our annual "ski trip".
It was a blast. Thanks so much everybody for making it great!
Mav and Madi getting pushed on the porch swing by Tyler

Daddy and Mav playing air hockey. Mav loved it!!! He was laughing so hard.
And last but not least, our sweet Slater baby in his stroller, enjoying the FINALLY warmer weather! it didn't last long, we woke up to 3 new inches of snow on our grass today... One more week until April, Hooray!!!

6 comments:

Kari said...

Will had to have a root canal done last year too. I was pretty traumatized. And yeah, I felt like a horrible parent. He was put under and the worst part for me was that they had me hold him while he went under. I felt like I was holding someone who had just died. Really freaked me out. Will got a silver tooth and at first we called it his "bling" to try and make him feel better about it. But he now asks me almost weekly if he can have his white tooth back. At least it's good ammunition when he is fighting me about brushing his teeth. I just ask if he wants more silver teeth and he opens right up.

baxtersrus said...

It's so fun to see all those cute pictures. your boys are so cute! I'm always freaked about Jayci's teeth being bad, too. She won't let me brush her teeth, it's almost impossible, so I'm sure we'll deal with that soon enough. The cabin looks so fun! Looks like you guys are doing great. Still trying to get to your house one day...

Matt and Jade said...

Poor Mav, I hope he's doing great now. How was the ski trip? Happy Birthday Brian. Sorry we're such slacker friends.

Mike and Kim said...

They look super cute in their sun glasses!

Chelsea Bailey said...

Hey I found your blog through Steph's. Slater is so big now!! Poor Maverick, surgeries are kind of scary. Especially when he is old enough to know that it is not part of the ordinary! Hope everything is going great with your cute little family!!

Melanie said...

I am so happy to have discovered your blog! It's so much fun, and the pictures are so cute! What more could I ask for? Sorry to hear about Mav's teeth and hope everyone gets well!