Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday Thoughts and Things...

* Welcome to March! The month of Brian's birth. Happy Birthday month Babes!!!

* Last Sunday in R.S. we had a lesson on balance. Balance between our physical, emotional, spiritual, social, and intellectual lives. I think I need to work on this. I have always "said" that I never do any one thing perfectly, but I do a lot of things pretty well. And I have always thought that meant I was well rounded, and stable. But after this lesson I was feeling a bit down on myself (which I am sure we were supposed to feel the opposite after all was said and done) So just for the record: I am working on a more balanced life. I will never be the perfect mother, the perfect wife, the perfect homemaker, or make the most perfect meals (and have them hot and waiting on the table right when husband walks through the door). but that's okay! I am going to work on not being so overwhelmed by all of these things. HONESTLY when did "care-free Brittany" become "up-tight Brittany". Responsibility is one thing, but "life is meant to be enjoyed not just endured" as said by Pres. Hinkley. Anyways....

* I went to the mall. (which never happens) Drove around for 5 minutes looking for a parking spot. Not just an up close spot, but ANY spot. When I finally got inside, I saw many people making MANY purchases.... What are they talking about people not buying? Looks like plenty of people are buying PLENTY of things. I have concluded that this whole recession thing is all the fault of the media.

* To Brian. From Brittany: "I'm forever yours. Faithfully" - Journey

* Ever since the poop in the bath moment a few weeks ago... whenever poop is mentioned Mav repeatedly says. "poop nasty!" "nasty poop!" Which makes it interesting when you are just talking about a cute little bear otherwise known as "Winnie".

* "Most of the great moments in life happen when our eyes are closed. Dreaming. Praying. Kissing. " - Anonymous

* Keep Brian in your prayers. New employment has become quite necessary. No he didn't get laid off. But ANYTHING else - in the medical world... Would REALLY mean the world to us right now.

* Current bed time songs for Mav: "Elmo Nong" (blue suede shoes) "No-man Nong" (once there was a snowman) "Temple Nong" (I love to see the Temple) "Child God Nong" (I am a Child of God) "Wisman Nong" (the wiseman built his house upon the rock) "Jesus Nong" (Jesus wants me for a sunbeam) And of course "Hoop-ah Toop-ah Nong" (Super Trooper from "Momma Mia") There are always other random ones he throws in just to put off going to bed, but these are the regulars. We love our Maverick!

3 comments:

Marissa said...

you guys could look in Texas for jobs, theres a shortage for alot of different ones here. Good luck with the job hunting Brian. I love reading your blog.

The Wangsgard's said...

We sure love your Mav! Thanks for coming over to play today! Madi always love playing with Mav. Also I loved holding your sweet chunky Slater-bug! What a privledge to hold such a sweet baby. Hope he gets better soon!

just dandee said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Britt. I think we all try a bit too hard to be "perfect". But what is "perfect" anyway? I think it is whatever we want it to be. Miss you guys. It seems like too long since we've seen you.