Monday, March 9, 2009

I love this Man

!!!Big Day!!! Big News!!!

Back to school...
Today Bri starts his Masters Degree!!! Wow! What a guy! I am so proud of him for wanting to do this for his/our future. It will be a lot of work, but I know he will be successful.

He will be getting his MBA with an emphasis in Health care from Florida Tech University. He will be doing it ALL online. It will take exactly 2 years, taking 1 class at a time, in 8 week increments without any breaks or summers... Yikes! He is anxious to get 'er done though. Good luck Hun. You will do great as always!
The good news.....

With the desire to be a hospital administrator someday Bri knew it was necessary to get into the health care world and get some experience under his belt, because lets be honest, even a master's degree without experience becomes obsolete. Lame! Anyways, so in January Brian set out to get a job in health care. He was beginning to get frustrated, because it is all about who you know. Or so we thought.....
He applied for everything he possibly could. One day, about 3 weeks ago he applied for a low paying, bottom of the totem pole position at a clinic close by, and decided he would go in and try to meet with the person hiring, just to put his face with his name. He didn't get to meet the guy, but he got his name and called and left him a message. A few days later Bri got a call for an interview! He went in and had an interview. The next day he went back for interview #2, and was told that the marketing manager just resigned, so they had given Brian's resume to the Marketing Director. A day or two later he got a call to interview for THAT position. We were so excited, because Bri REALLY fit the description so well for what they were looking for. The interview went well. But he didn't hear anything until the next week, when they called him in for interview #2 with a panel of up-and-up people at the clinic. That interview went really well too.
Okay, to make a long story not so long, I will summarize: After 2 really REALLY long weeks that tested both mine and Bri's patience (and in which he got some bad news at his current job) FINALLY last Friday he got to go in and interview AGAIN, and was offered the Position!!!! PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED. We can't believe what a blessing we have just been given. We are so grateful. And it's cool to see that maybe it really isn't all about who you know. Brian did this all on his own. Based on his experience, talent, skills, and charm ;-) It will be such a great opportunity for him.
So Bri will start the new job on the March 23rd. HOORAY!!!!
I am REALLY grateful that Bri's new job won't require anything like the above picture. YIKES!
Also, just an interesting tidbit... after Brian's first interview for the Marketing Manager position we went and had dinner with my parents. My mom had ordered in Chinese, and below is the fortune Brian received....
We'll take it!!!!

Thanks for being mine Brian. I am so proud of you!

8 comments:

Anna said...

Yeah! I'm glad to here that everything has finally worked out. I'm so happy for you guys and I wish Brian luck at his new job!

just dandee said...

HOORAY!!! Finally! Oh you guys have worked hard for this. It is about time you start getting some pay-off. I too am so proud of my Bro! Congratz Brian!!! Work Hard on that Masters Degree and it too will pay-off.
* And if you need to complain, Dan will be in the same boat as you. Just give him a call.

Ryan said...

Brian, Congratulations! i am not surprised at all. You will go so far and deserve every bit of it. Way to go! I plan on calling soon to tell you how cool I think you are. Congrats

The Dahls said...

Wow! Congrats! I'm so glad things worked out for you guys...you deserve it for sure! Good luck!!

ashycam said...

That is great that every thing has worked out so well. It's great that such things happen when we have faith in our Heavenly FAther. You must be living right. Way to go. That is so awesome.

Whit said...

We are getting ready to start Grad School too! Not very fun but a good thing right! I'm so glad that things worked out with the job, that's such a stressful thing, i feel like that's been the past 3 years of my life! Good luck, if Brian's anything like he was in high school he's do great! Your boys are so stinkin cute! I love it!

Matt and Jade said...

Okay, the school thing is bad. No breaks that stinks. Congrats on the job, sometimes employers just want to see how bad you want it. I guess he wanted it really bad.

The Wangsgard's said...

We are estatic for you guys! Is that how you spell estatic? Maybe I should be going back to school... Anyway, I love that picture of all the cute boys in your family! Bri, Way to go! You always were amazing! Love ya bro!