Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I love to see the temple.

Yesterday I had the privilege of taking Maverick and Slater to the Draper Temple open house. It was a big event. It's not like that is just a quick drive down the street for us or anything. But it was worth it. It is a beautiful building. And I love knowing that it will bless sooooo many people. Temples are amazing places. And even though it hasn't been dedicated yet you can feel the peace and comfort of the spirit there. I left my camera in the car so I didn't get any pictures of us, but others have taken lovely pics. Enjoy!

Below: This is the baptismal font. It is beautiful! After I explained to Mav about the oxen, and the water, and he pointed out the picture of "Jesus baptised" he concluded in his little mind that the oxen were "piggies" and he told Brian all about the "piggies in the bathtub" when we got home. Silly Mav!
Below: This is one of the beautiful ordinance rooms. The walls were a hand painted mural by a local artist. I was amazed by it. So beautiful. And Mav loved the "water fall!!!!" (exclaimed in his best "inside voice")

Below: This is one of the gorgeous sealing rooms. Mav thought it was pretty neat that mommy and Daddy got married in a room just like this. And he really enjoyed seeing "Mav forever" in the mirrors hung on opposite walls symbolizing eternity. I am so happy that I am lucky enough to be sealed to my little family for eternity.
Below: This is the ceiling in the Celestial room. It was absolutely exquisite! I love that it felt like a little piece of heaven just walking in there.
Below: This is a picture of the rest of the Celestial room. Like I said, Exquisite!
I am so glad I live on this earth at a time that the fullness of the gospel is here. For the blessings of the temple, and that I live in a place that I can have such easy access to several of our beautiful temples. I can't express how grateful I am to know that I can be with my family forever. It was a wonderful experience to be there yesterday.
If you want to know more visit www.lds.org

2 comments:

Kristin said...

It is a beautiful temple isn't it? Our family went through on Saturday and it was a great experience, even for little kids! By the way, you should be able to access our blog now. Let me know if you have any trouble!

Mike and Kim said...

Thank you so much for posting those pictures. My mom and sister were able to go up there and see it as well. I wish I was home to see it. I love to go to the temple as well. We are so blessed! What a beautiful temple!