Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thursday thoughts and things

* Maverick is sick AGAIN. urggg! Have I mentioned that winter REALLY needs to go away?!?!

* I have always been a skeptic about whether the famous "burrito wrap"really worked, but after Slater slept a good 10 hours all swaddled up straight jacket style, I just might be a convert.

*After putting Maverick in "big boy underwear" 2 days in a row and watching him soil himself completly from waist down without even looking down at himself to see what happened, I have concluded that (unfortunately) Mav is REALLY not ready to be potty trained yet. Darn!!!

* A quote from the March 2009 Ensign article by M. Russell Ballard: "Much of life's misery centers in the lack of using common sense. As an example, consider the pharmacist who was compounding a perscription that called for as much strychnine as you could put on the face of a dime. He didn't have a dime, so he used 2 nickles." ;->

* Upon receiving some new sneakers Maverick exclaimed "Hooray!!!! New jumping shoes!" Then he had me put them on him, and he jumped up and down the stairs, and off furniture for the rest the afternoon. Saying over and over "look Momma! Maverick jumping high". Apparently these shoes make him jump higher than any others - thus, they are now his "Jumping shoes"

*Slater is Sooooo tickle-ish!! We love his giggles.

* Today Mav was in the bath for 2 hours. Yes, 2 hours. I did all I could to get him out: bribed with candy, fruit snacks, saying I would let him watch Elmo, etc. But the boy would not get out. When he finally did. He was quite the wrinkly prune.

3 comments:

Whit said...

2 hours! I just let the bath water out when I'm ready to be done! When it's gone Kael is cold and ready to get out! I wish kael was ready to be potty trained but he's SO not! Your boys are darling and getting so big!

Spencer and Anna said...

I like your Thursday thoughts. And I have a testimony of burrito wrapped babies. :0)

The Wangsgard's said...

Sorry to hear Mav is sick again! We sure missed you this weekend. Hope your kids get better soon so Madi can play with Mav.