Friday, February 20, 2009

Thursday Thoughts and Things

Okay, so I want to start giving random snipits of things from our life once a week on Thursdays. I figure this is a really good start since it's Friday. Haha. Whatever... Maybe next week I'll get it on the right day.

* Cleaning 2 year old poop out of the bath tub is about the grossest job I have EVER had as a mother. Thanks for that one Mav. Oh! And I might also mention that this happened on Sunday morning while I was rushing to get me, Mav, and Slater all out the door to church by myself while Bri was at meetings. Nice...

* A GREAT quote from a great woman: “The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.” -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

* The other night I asked Bri how he was feeling (wondering if the horrible colds that the boys have had Had caught up to him) His reply: " Sometimes I feel just lousy. Other times I'm just here, and sometimes I just feel lousy..." after laughing at him for a bit I asked. "so are you sick?" ;-> Brian says REALLY hillarious things in his half awake moments. I wish I could remember them all.

* Mavs favorite song of the moment is the "Super Trooper" song off of the "Mamma Mia" soundtrack. He dances all over singing "Hoopah Toopah....numbah one!....somewhere in crowd... You!" It is so Adorable! And the dance moves are awesome ;-> I think he gets those from his daddy. Haha!

* Me: "Maverick, please share those toys with the other kids. We are all here together to have some fun. So please be nice..."
Mav: "No Momma. You be NICE!"

* There is something REALLY fun about getting together with friends that have known you since your adolescence... They have seen it all. And the fact that we are all still so close after all the crap we put each other through in those awkward years is saying a lot. Thanks girls. I am glad I have you. And it is so fun to get all the kids together too. It is hard to believe that between the 4 of us we have 7 kids 2 and younger. Love It!

3 comments:

The Wangsgard's said...

I wish I had a video of all the funny things Bri has said in the middle of the night! He's hillarious! I would love to see a video of Mav singing and dancing to Mama Mia. Thanks for coming to Kev's bday party. It was fun to see you. Lets get Mav and Madi together sometime to play.

baxtersrus said...

Hey, I had to deal with poop in the bathtub for the first time too! Isn't that disgusting. She actually did it two different days, but the next time I was kind of expecting it so I sort up caught her in the act and got after her, (as much as you can get after a 15 month old). That night I told Chad: "You should be grateful for all I do as a mother". Needless to say, he was after I told him what I did. Glad you and I can bond with such a great experience!

Matt and Jade said...

I love that you want Mav to share. Trying to instill good values, good for you. My mom always said sharing was for losers, that's probably what wrong with me.