Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Less and More

Dear Winter,
You are so beautiful. I love all the snow you bring, especially that first real winter storm... something about it is just magical. I love the sparkle that comes to a child's eyes as they watch in amazement as snow flakes gently fall from the sky. And Truly, what would Christmas be without you? And snow skiing, sledding, building snowmen, sitting inside warm and cozy by the fire - these are things I love about you. But now dear winter, I have got to be honest with you. Christmas is long passed, I have had my fun in the snow, and cozy moments cuddled up next to my huney, and well, I am tired of you. And I wish you would just go away.

I want less of this...
And more of this...

Much much less of this...
(I have had sick kids for 2 weeks now! UURRGGgg! Why must February be this way?)



Slater has lived in the bath so we could keep all that mucus loose...
And Much more of this....
(happy, exploring, creative time. Without the coughs or sniffles!


Please winter, just go away for now, and I will be excited to see you again next November. I promise I will not hate you forever. I am just really tired of you right now.... Please let spring know that I am anxious to see her.
Yours Truly,
Brittany

Some recent pictures................
Brian is SUCH a cute Daddy. My boys are so lucky to have him. He plays with them and reads to them. Sings to them and dances with them. He is so patient, and is the best sounding board for a cooped-up mother with a bad case of the winter time blues.



We had such a fun Valentine's Day! Mav loved the Hearts that were all over the house when he woke-up. We opened our gifts, ate a scrumptious breakfast casserole, went for a drive through the beautiful mountains, ordered in pizza and ate it by candle light. It was all VERY romantic. Mav loved every minute! Especially that we gave him the "Momma Mia" soundtrack. This kid loves ABBA songs I guess.










Yes, it's true, I am a brunette. Saucy ain't it??

8 comments:

The Wangsgard's said...

I'm with you on the whole winter thing. I love the snow, but I haven't even been skiing yet this winter... that never happens. I'm ready to get out and play in the warm sun! Sounds like a fun V-day. We worked on house projects together... very romantic! :)

The Minnesota Preators said...

I am with you Brittany. I am done with winter also, and have been cooped up with sickness too! Time for some fresh spring air.
Your boys are adorable and you are stunning as a brunette!

Marissa said...

You should all come to Southeast Texas! Houston is full of spring right now. Wild flowers all over and great weather (70's mostly). Your kids are really cute, being a mom is so fun.

Mike and Kim said...

I couldn't agree more, I am so sick of winter. Especially in Kansas where we don't have beautiful mountains and snow. Everything is just dead and ugly. Also, you look cute with dark hair! You can sure pull off both blond or brunette.

ashycam said...

I don't have all the snow you guys are having but we are still only in the 20's and 30's right now we went from 70 last week down to about 27 in just a few hours. Hmm, no wonder we have so tornado watches. I am so ready for spring. I like the hair, but I almost didn't recognize you. I still love your blond hair though.

Jenilyn Anderson said...

Wow, that was a surprise at the end! I LOVE your hair! So cute on you. I cannot agree with you more. I have major spring fever!

baxtersrus said...

Mav looks truly miserable in those sick pictures, don't you hate that? I love you as a brunette, so pretty. It's been too long since I've seen you!

The Jacksons said...

I like your dark hair, it's way cute!