Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Jake!!!!

I can't believe that my "little" brother is now 19 years old... is over 6 feet tall, is blond, handsome, and uhh, muscular? Well, whatever he is, he is amazing, and one of my best friends in the whole wide world! (wasn't he an adorable little boy?)

Jake loves to have fun. He makes so many things in my life more fun and well, funny as well. I laugh so hard when I am around him. He just has a quick wit, and hilarious sense of humor. He can have a crowd laughing from a single facial expression. It's Great!


Jake is a traveler. Like all of us Slater kids, I think my parents embedded in all of us the joy in seeing and discovering new places. (even if that place is Pocatello Idaho) There is always fun to be had. This is Jake and I in Hawaii. This is at a cemetery behind the LDS Temple. and with the ocean just beyond the trees there, it was beautiful!!! What an awesome trip.


Jake has always been there for me. I used to really be mean to the poor kid... He is 5 years younger than me, and I was the baby of the family before he came along and stole the "lime light". But I couldn't be rude to him forever, he is just to likable. We have been through a lot together, and on so many occasions I am so glad that I had him to talk to, and I am so grateful for the times that he opened up to me about his seemingly "secret" life. Thanks for cheering me on Jake and letting me be the annoying, pesky older sister.

Jake is an uncle. He has been since he was 6. He is more used to being an uncle, than NOT being an uncle. I love watching him with Mav. And Maverick loves uncle "Jeek". He said his name first, and is always excited to see him, and dance to his music.
I love you T. Thanks for your example and faith in Christ. You are so SUPER talented, and an amazing friend to everyone. I hope that you know how many people look up to and admire you. "because I knew you, I have been changed for good" -wicked. Well, I hope that you have a very happy birthday!
***For those that don't remember from my previous post... Jake has his mission call. He is going to Washington state, the Tacoma Mission. He leaves on January 30th. And if you are wondering, he speaks in church on the 27th at 1:00pm
- -Also, I have been told that I have a twin. It is definitely a complement to me and not her, but if you want to see her and give me your vote on whether we look alike or not go to her blog http://www.lesueurfamily.blogspot.com/ or the Marianne and Steve link on my blog (on the right) Oh! and she isn't just some random person, she is my cousin.



No comments: