Today we dropped off little Jakey (my brother) at the Missionary Traning Center. He is pictured above on the left. I think he was born ready to be a missionary. And he will be an awesome one! It has been a rough day for me, but all in all it went pretty well. Jake will be missed here, but the people of the Washington, Tacoma mission are going to be better people because of him.
This was taken last Saturday at the Bountiful Temple. My oldest sister Regina and her husband Derek live in Colorado, so this was the first time that ALL of my parents children were able to be in the temple together. It was a really neat day. (L-R: Chris, Abby, Jake, Mom, Dad, me, Brian, Ben, Tara Jill, Reg, Derek, Tara, and Eddie.)
This is the face Mav makes when he sees Jake or we talk about him. He says "Jeek" then opens his mouth up wide. It was way funny last sunday when we walked into sacrament meeting and Mav saw Jake on the stand, he opened his mouth up wide, then Jake did it back. I guess Bri and I will have to keep doing this tradition so Mav doesn't forget. (oh, sad!) We hope Mav rememebers him.

Last night I gave Jake his official "missionary haircut." He has been letting me cut his hair for awhile now, and I am going to miss doing it and talking with him while I do it, every 2 weeks- because his hair grows like a weed!
And this was taken today at the MTC. Mom was holding in their pretty good. And Jake made it easier for all of us with the "band-aid method." (quicker = less pain) He had to have been the 1st missionary out of that room. He gave us all quick hugs then headed toward the door with his head held high and a purpose in his step. I love that kid and I am sure gonna miss him. I am grateful to know that he is in good hands and that when these 24 months are over he will be home again, and be an even better man because of it!

3 comments:
Britt, this post made me cry. I'm so excited for all of you and sad too. Two years always seems so long when you are looking at it from the beginning of the years. It will go by fast :) As for the temple picture, I just wanted to comment how awesome that is. We went with all of Adam's siblings this Christmas season, and it was so incredible to think that all of his siblings were temple worthy. I have thought about that a lot lately, and how there really are few families that can say that all of the children can go. What a special honor for your parents. I hope my children will be able to have the same experience as Adam has got to have with his siblings...and you got with yours. That is very rare and very special. Anyway, love ya girl.
Brit, love your post about your brother. I always wished I had a brother. That is why I as excited to get brother in laws and more importantly have a son first. I love little boys! Your little one is growing up so fast, its almost time for another huh....heheh :)
Loved your deep thoughts too, its important to take care of yourself in sooo many different ways and I think our life here is about finding that balance. Good luck, I know its rough for me. Sure love you guys. Hope all is well. Come visit us soon. :)
Britt,
So your post about your Bro made me cry. What an amazing guy he seems to be. He will be a super missionary. Great pictures. Especially the "little missionary" one. So cute. Love you, Britt. I am so happy you are in our family.
Love,
Dee
Post a Comment