Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Aubrey, Aubrey, Aubrey!!!

(Okay, so these pictures are like copies of copies of copies again, so I appologize for the poor quality. Aren't we happy that we now live in the all digital age? Things are so much nicer!)

Anyways... Today is my bestest friend Aubrey's 24th birthday. How she got so OLD I'm not sure, cause in my mind she is still the same girl I met and became friends with in Jr. High.


I like to tell people that Aubrey saved me from my own distruction. She let me be her friend when I needed to be surrounded by better examples and learn that being in the hip "in crowd" REALLY isn't what it is all about. not to say that her crowd wasn't in... I am so grateful that I was welcomed with open arms.



We have shared so many huge life altering events together that I am sure that is why we are still so close. She has stood by me when I was a big fat jerk, and she has also told me when I have been a jerk to help me see the light and be a better friend. We have had our ups and downs as friends, due to the hardest years of our teenage lives that we got to muddle through together, and gratfully we still always came out ontop. Despite our dramatic personalities that tend to blow everything out of proportion.

We have laughed together, cried together, prayed together, and PLAYED together. Her strong testimony and faith in the Lord have always been such a good example to me. This girl has been through tons in her life, and always seems to come up smiling. I can even remember her saying "It's just easier to laugh about it!" Wow! What constant optimism.


And I can honestly say that we have laughed together so hard that I have wet my pants... now that is true friendship! She laughs with me and at me and we laugh about lots of other girly things too. I love being with Aubrey! Now that we are old and boring we don't get to laugh together as much, but I know it is still in us!


Even when we went to college we were still friends even though we were never roomates like we wanted to be, and even though she chose to be with "new friends" It still didn't hamper things... too much :> obviously we made it through. We felt officially grown up when we got to explore New York City together the summer before I got married, while she was there working as a nanny.

And all the years we spent pinning away at boys, trying to "get skinny" for them and be the type of girls that boys could picture as their "future eternal companions", and making "boy boxes" and spending hours talking about this boy and that boy, and trying to get important information from said boys for the other, and planning our future weddings since we were 14, etc, etc.... boys were the drama. We would have been perfecty best friends no question all these years without all the boy drama. - ANYWAYS, happily for me all that came to an end in 2004 and Aubs was there for me. It was sad to not have her in the temple, but the sweetheart sat at my "book" at my reception for endless hours. And she even caught my bouquet!!! Her turn came later (since she actually held out for her missionary) and It was awesome to get to see her sealed to her best friend for eternity. Adam is such a lucky guy!

And who would Aubrey be without Kristin? Kristin and Aubrey have been best friends since birth and they were kind enough to let me be the 3rd wheel when I needed them most. Thanks for letting me in , and thanks Kristin for not letting me and Aubrey get too out of hand :>



And Now we are all grown up and we have kids of our own. Amazing isn't it!?!

Well, Aubs I love ya and I am sooo grateful for your friendship, and now I have to go so that I can be ready to play with you today in about an hour...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!


3 comments:

Frayer Family said...

Hey Brian...this is your cousin Jaimee. I was checking out your blog (I saw the link on Terri's page.) Your pictures are so cute!! When I was looking at your top picture that says "Established August 24, 2004". Well, that is my anniversary day. Except we were married obviously in a different year (1996). So we have the same anniversary. I don't think I realized that. Well that is cool that we share the best day! Love ya tons!
Jaimee

Mariel said...

I loved reading that about your friend. It made me think of and miss my best friend. Best friends are seriously such a blessing to have!

Our Family said...

Brittany!! That's the best birthday present I've EVER received!!! I love you girl. Thanks for playing with me all day. I would have been so upset had you girls not come. It meant a lot to me. BBF!!!!!!