We have had a very interesting, thought provoking, emotional week. We have experienced a death, a birth, a "birthday", and some other wonderful "living life" experiences. (this could be a really long post. Feel free to skim..)
For the first year of Maverick's life I took a picture of him laying on this blanket (that I made for him) every month on his birthday to note his growth. To the left you see the very 1st picture... Mav at 1 month old! So tiny so precious!
To the right here you see the picture I took last week on the 13th. His 18 month birthday! So huge so handsome! I can't believe how much he has grown. He is our little man now, and we love him soooo much.
Above we have Maverick giving kisses to his beloved stuffed dinosour, "Dino". He loves this thing with his whole little boy heart, and on Tuesday we tragically lost Dino after Bri's soccer game. I had unhooked Dino from his regular spot on the diaper bag to give Mav some crackers in the car. When we got home to put Mav in bed, Dino was nowhere to be found. After searching our whole condo we rushed to the parking lot, and to the car. NO DINO!!! We put a sad Maverick to bed without his best friend, all the while hearing requests for "dino" coming from his bedroom. He finally fell asleep without him. Bri and I continued our search. After crawling around the parking lot on hands and knees we decided it was a lost cause and resorted to ebay to help us search for a replacement Dino. Much to our dismay we could not find a dino anywhere.
For Valentine's Day Brian gave me a "Sunset Dinner Cruise". We took a cruise out on the Great Salt Lake right as the sun was setting. We were served dinner, and desert, and got to watch a beautiful sunset on the water. Above is the boat.
And this is us on the bow of the boat after the sun was set. It was gorgeous!!! And we had a great time. Thanks to Ben and Tara for so kindly watching Mav for us. And thank you Brian for being so creative and thinking outside the norm. It was an awesome surprise. You are a sweetheart.
If you have read Brian's sister Melanie's Blog this week you know that our sweet Grandma Stratford passed away on Wednesday. She was such an amazing lady and it was sad to see her go. But we are so grateful for our knowledge of eternal life. We know we will see her again. We know where she is, and who she is with, and we know that she is no longer in pain. 
The Funeral was on Saturday. It all went very well. Brian had been asked to give the Family Prayer. A big responsiblity, but he did a wonderful job. The comforting spirit of the Lord was there. We Love you so much Grandma! Your kindness, generosity, and sweet spirit will be greatly missed.
On the opposite end of the spectrum... Today Melanie gave birth to a perfect baby boy.



6 comments:
It has definately been a very thought provoking week. So many events. Like you said, it is the Circle of Life. I really enjoyed your thoughts and feelings about everything. Life is Good thanks to our knowledge of the gospel. Love you Bri and Britt and especially amazing Mav!
Love, Dee
Love your thoughts, we too have felt the emotional roller coaster of the circle of life. Thanks for posting our cute boy. We'll have to post other pictures when I'm not so tired. We love you guys and thanks for your support!
Wow! You have had a busy week! I thoroughly enjoyed this post. Thanks for sharing. We need to have another mom day. I'll come your way to Ogden, okay?
Wow. What a week. My condolensces to you & your family on the passing of your Grandma - thank goodness for the gospel. My congratulations to Melanie and Ty for their adorable addition, and to you guys for finding Dino. Olivia has her "kitty" that she can't live without. After reading your post I might have to go online and find another one as an emergency backup!
It is so great to look over your blog and to get updated on your families life. Maverick is getting so big. Wow, time flies! Provo City seems like yesterday with you there. Well, you wrote on my blog and asked if I missed Provo - yes and no! I miss Kari, Linda, Scott and others. I also miss feeling the accomplishments of work outside the home but I don't miss almost everything else.
Thanks for writing on my blog so I could find you. You guys our so cute. Sorry to hear about your Grandma!
Way sweet post. I have been thinking about your family and what a crazy past couple weeks to have...with events at total opposite ends of the spectrum. What a great reminder of what's really important!
Post a Comment