Sunday, January 13, 2008

Our Little Mav is Growin' Up

(Just so all y'all know... this is not Brittany writing this post--continue reading at your own risk).



We can hardly believe that Mav is 17 months old already. We still think he's our little man but he is growin' up fast. Every month on the 13th he gets a little bit closer to being mature. The picture on the left is Mav lookin' cool. He calls his shades "hat". I guess that anything he can put on his head is a hat. Too bad we can't hide his unruly hair with this hat. He just woke up from a nap and his eyes weren't use to the light yet so we had to put on the shades.

This is Mav all grown up. He's been workin' out and decided to show off his washboard abs at the pool. We can't seem to get rid of his double chin but that's all we can hold on to to keep him our little boy. If you look close enough you can even see some chest hair. Really, take a look. Okay... not yet. I think that happens during the "twos" phase of his life. Let's hope he doesn't start shaving that early.


Mav isn't quite as old as Dino yet but they've been friends for a long time. (Dino is Mav's special friend he takes everywhere). Looks like Dino is in for the ride of a lifetime. Mav just pushed him around all morning. He kept a close eye on him though and made sure he didn't fall out.

Although Mav and Dino are really good friends, Mav and Mom are the best of friends. Everytime Mom leaves Mav he is always wishing she was still there.
Maverick likes to sit in his "special spots". Anytime there is a little space for Mav to crawl into he will do it. He especially likes to sit next to his Dad. (Notice Mav is sharing the moment with Dino). Even if I am laying on the ground he will come right up next to me and back his little caboose into the space between my arm and my chest and sit right down. He loves it... and I think it's pretty cool too.

Mav loves his grandpas! Everytime he hears us say "Grandpa" he flexes his muscles and grunts. He does the same thing when he sees a picture of grandpa too. It makes for embarrasing moments at church with all that grunting going on. But I think it's a male bonding thing he likes to do.









All the Stratford Grandkids got together for a picture. We're lucky they all were so well behaved. Haha. Maverick's cousins are good examples to him. They all like each other and there are only a few injuries when they play together.

12 comments:

The Wangsgard's said...

Bri,
You do a pretty good job as a blogger! We love little Mav and think he's pretty cute. It's crazy to see our little ones growing up so FAST!

Our Family said...

What a sweet entry. I got a little teary.

just dandee said...

See Bri, you are now almost as awsome as Britt!! J/K You rock too. We love Mav. Hopefully we can see you guys soon. We are having withdrawls, it has been sooo long.
love ya
Dee

Blaine said...

Very nice blogging Brian! It is kind of sad how fast they grow up! That is why I am so glad that George still has his baby cheeks. All of your pictures are so cute!

Terri said...

Hey guys, glad to see you blogging. I love to see the fun pictures and all the things you guys are up too. I will visit often to see your cute family. Love you both.

Blaine said...

Brit! I totally forgot about the treehouse yesterday! I really wanted to go! Next time you go, let us know, and remind me, I am so forgetful these days.

just dandee said...

Bri and Brit! You two rock! Why don't we get all the siblings together this weekend and DDR! Er, I mean do something manly... Love yous guys. - Dan

L said...

Thanks Brit for the thoughtful comment. My dad is doing lots better and is even walking on the treadmill a bit these days. Lots of prayers have been answered!

It's fun to see what you guys have been up to, I love blogging. Your little guy is such a cutie! Good work. You are such a darling mom...take care,
Lichelle

The Wangsgard's said...

We would love to have Mav try out our "Ty made hill". Come over any time! I get pretty board not being able to leave when I want to. I think I have Cabin fever. As for this Saturday, that sounds great! Any ideas?

David and Amy said...

Hey Brian, Brittany, and Maverick!
This is Amy ("Simmons"/Squires) Choules, I found your blog from your comment on Ben and Jenn's blog! I love finding old friends through these blogs. I had so much fun looking over your blog and seeing how happy you all are and how wonderfully you are living your lives! In my opinion, all of us Layton kids turned out pretty great! :)
Also, I saw that you already have our blog listed in your "Friends Blogs" list, we're honored and would like to add you to our list!
It's great to catch up with you!
Love,
Amy Choules

Jenn said...

What a cutie! Little boys are the best! I'm so glad to be able to catch up with your little family for a minute. Brian, thanks for leaving the comment and your blog address. I loved looking through your blog and your pictures -- it looks like you're doing great. What an impressive couple you two are! We'll have to keep keeping in touch :)
Ben, Jenn, and Henry Iverson

JoDee said...

Bri & Britt -

This is JoDee Harward Yost. I kept running onto your site from shared friends' blogs and finally had to take a quick peek. What an adorable little family you have! Maverick looks like so much fun. Britt - I remember you back from State Fair days - even not knowing you way well I was impressed with what a neat girl you were: sweet & talented & gorgeous. Anyway - congrats on a beautiful family guys! Please feel free to visit our blog if you want:
brandonjodee.blogspot.com. I'd love to get in touch!

JoDee