Monday, January 7, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Welcome to 2008 at our house! Maverick found this lovely crown and decided that it made the perfect little "hat" for him. Bri wasn't so sure about allowing our little man to wear such a girly hat, but I reminded him that Mav just thought it was a hat... not a girly crown, so he got to parade around in it for the majority of the evening.

We welcomed in the new year here at our own place with just us. It was really kind of nice. We had planned to be with the Stratford clan, but new years eve Bri and I found out mom Stratford had to work, so we just decided to order Chinese and put Mav to bed. Then we played darts, where I beat Brian...again. (last night he broke my 5 game winning streak. Sad for me. Fun for him.) Then we sat down and set some reachable goals for 2008, then we played "Nertz" until it was time to get our glasses and 7-up and watch the ball drop in the big apple. After a big smooch and finishing our drinks we went to bed. It was a pretty fun night, different, but fun.

2008 is sure to be a busy crazy year for us, yet again. But we know that great things are happening everyday that we can enjoy and that are shaping our future. We are looking forward to lots of fun as well! You all can help with that...

Here is another Shot of Mav in his special "hat". If you look close you can see him checking himself out in the mirror. It was so funny!

And here we are enjoying our chinese food. It was delicious, and the best part was that I didn't have to make it! (PS. I also dyed my hair brown again. It works for the winter)

This past weekend, the 5th was Tyler and Melanie's anniversary. Happy anniversary guys! I am so happy that you guys made it together after the mission and all. Way to go! (We can only hope the same will happen for Jake and Haley) You two make such a striking couple, both so tall and perfect. No wonder you made such an adorable little girl! I am so excited to see what the boy version of Madi will look like...

You guys are so fun. And you always seem to be experiencing a new adventure together. Thanks for all you have done for us. You are so generous and we appreciate it. We hope you had a really great anniversary - pregnant, bruised and with Ty's friends and all!! We love you guys. Talk to you soon!


6 comments:

The Wangsgard's said...

You guys are so sweet! We did have a good anniversary skiing in the blizzard, and me being 7 1/2 months prego. I must have looked pretty funny with my belly and bruises! Mav- the man would definatly make a cute girl... don't tell Bri I said that! Good luck on your many adventures this 2008 year! We love you guys!

The Wangsgard's said...

Oh yeah, and we really hope that Jake and Haley work out! She's a catch and the Yarbrough family is awesome too. Good luck you two! It's definatly worth the wait.
Melanie

Kari said...

Will loves to wear his cousins tiara whenever they are playing dress ups. Last night he was wearing her pink tutu, maybe he needs some friends that are boys :)
If that's Maple Garden that you are eating, I'm very jealous!

Our Family said...

I love the crown! He looks adorable. When are we going to get together and have a mom day?

Mariel said...

Oh.....pretty Maverick! AND, you're hair looks awesome. I love when people go dark, it makes your features pop!

Anonymous said...

Britt--if you are not related to this person, I will eat my shorts.
http://www.lesueurfamily.blogspot.com/
I was blog surfing--it's been a really slow day at work. This girl could be your twin, and the last name slater was mentioned...am I right? You'll have to tell me.
Shannon